Pulling the trigger on an Eighties Flying V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulling the trigger on an Eighties Flying V

The seller says that it's "probably a brand less Japanese made copy" but I recognize that Headstock shape immediately, it's a Cort. It has a Lawrence bridge pickup and that cool eighties funky Japanese bridge and body binding.

I'm eagerly awaiting the reply of the seller on my bid.

If it's rerouted, why did they put a huge pick guard on it? I mean, I understand wanting to resemble a '58 to some degree, but this particular guitar would have looked better without one.
    "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post

The seller says that it's "probably a brand less Japanese made copy" but I recognize that Headstock shape immediately, it's a Cort. It has a Lawrence bridge pickup and that cool eighties funky Japanese bridge and body binding.

I'm eagerly awaiting the reply of the seller on my bid.
      That exact guitar is sitting on the wall at my local Daddy's Junky Music in Orange, CT. Same exact guitar.. same color. If I recall.. they want something like around $300.00 for it. I just saw it today.

Comment

What's it made of?

I had a kid bring me a Cort Les Paul copy to fix for him. It had the exact same headstock and inlays. When I took the pickups out, I found out that it was a plywood body with a bent plywood top. There was a huge gap between the middle of the archtop, and the rest of the body. Plus, it weighed about 80 lbs.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I just got myself an LAwrence for $30

Comment

I think the one at the store was a Cort

Comment

Working...
            X