Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not Charvel/Jackson but an opinion guys (G&L)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Charvel/Jackson but an opinion guys (G&L)

I'm 95% gonna pull the trigger on this when I get a tax rebate! lol

http://www.glguitars.com/instruments...prcode=Invader

Matching headstock or natural headstock?

I'm thinking natural headstock but want some opinions.

The rest of the spec I'm fine with in the natural orange. Going for rosewood board. Reminds me of the orange ESP strat from the George Lynch video.

Thanks guys,
    timstar

g&l makes good guitars. i'm glad to see they slapped a floyd on them finally.it's gotta have a floyd
    stop at full speed at 100 miles per hour. the colgate invisible shield finally got em.

Comment

i like it the way it is with the matching headstock
      Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
      Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

That's really sharp!
        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
        --floydkramer

Comment

G&L makes damned fine guitars. I think the matching headstock looks great and for the "masses" that wouldn't recognize the guitar brand it would serve to make the guitar appear 'real" or "CS" rather than an "off" color body with a MightyMite neck (looking from the back row of the club. Being from the 80's we are concerned with appearances after all. Were this 1988 I would say get the nat. headstock because many cheap copies of the day had colored headstocks). That should be a damned fine machine and i think G&L has a great headstock.
          Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
          98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

I love my ASAT. G&L's do have 1 5/8" nuts though, which I don't prefer. Maybe they'd do a 1 11/16" nut on request? Their belair green color is really cool, as are their metalflakes.

Comment

I think you'll love that guitar. I have 2 G&L six strings (both Korean Tributes, an ASAT Classic and an Invader H/H with fixed bridge) and a USA G&L Bass. I had another 6 string that I sold. All fantastic guitars. Really nice. Great prices on the second hand market too if you haven't already committed to buying new.
              My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

Here's another vote for the matching headstock in that great clear orange finish. I've got an ASAT HB (USA-made all mahogany tele) and love it.

Comment

agreed with above...g&l's are great guitars.
                  i have a legacy and asat and both are awesome.
                  buy used on ebay to get a great deal/value.

Comment

I have a mid 90's Climax, which is basically the same thing as an Invader, and it's one of my favorites in my collection.
                    Great C neck shape, huge frets, and overall great craftsmanship.
                    Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                    Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

My new baby. Thanks guys.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=370166293426

Comment

Nice.
                        Straight ahead rock machine.
                        Congrats!
                        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                        --floydkramer

Comment

It looks great!! Nothing like a H/S/S for versatility.
                          My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                            I love my ASAT. G&L's do have 1 5/8" nuts though, which I don't prefer. Maybe they'd do a 1 11/16" nut on request? Their belair green color is really cool, as are their metalflakes.
                            G&L does do a 1 11/16" nut neck; it's called the "#4" neck - it's 12" radius and 1 11/16" wide. According to their site the #4 neck is the only neck they used on Invaders with the Floyd bridge.

If you like really wide necks G&L has a "#3" neck that is 1 3/4" wide at the nut (and 12" radius).

Comment

Congrats on a sweet guitar!
                              Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
                              X