The longest lasting double locker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kisonen View Post
    Ibanez still sells spare parts for edge trem. New posts and knife edges are quite cheap.

Where would I get spare parts?

Comment

how about just replacing the flopyd baseplate, the trem or posts?

One of the cool things about those old Schallar trems was they had the knife edge inserts that you could replace instead of either the baseplate or entire trem

Shit does wear out with years of use and abuse ya know
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Yeah, what Shawn said. You can't find a trem that will last 'forever'. It doesn't exist. You use it, you wear it out, you replace it/ If you're replacing a brand new unit every month, then you have a problem. If it takes a year of daily and heavy use to wear it out, that's within the range of normalcy.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

My 1st year RG550 has the stock trem in it. I guess its a Ibanez Low Pro. Not exactly sure. Whatever it came with stock. My guess is that the knife edges or / and the trem posts need to be replaced.
          My 1st year Washburn N2 needs a new neck. I already replaced the trem parts on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
            Yep, I think it's the S-series Ibanez that have the Zero Edge trem. Nothing to wear out on those.

Is it possible to just sharpen the edges and posts of the one you have? I'm sure you'd get at least another couple of years out of it.
            All the prestiges have Edge Zero's I think, and also I hear Slayer use Kahler's, and you can tell how much they use them

Comment

ibanez is starting to put the zero points in some of their rg's. i wouldn't go with a kahler, its a totally different animal, I've got one on a charvel model 4 and its a lot more subtile than a floyd type{no flutters, etc..}
              jackson pc-1 chameleon
              charvel model 4
              prs ce-24 emerald green
              ltd gl 600ss skulls and sword
              jackson rr ps 3t
              ibanez rg 770 lazer red
              engl thunder 50
              ibanez rg 565
              mesa boogie dc-5 head

Comment

Floyd Rose Pro and Kahler Steelers kick much ass !!! Best two trems I've used. I have at least 40 guitars with trems and these I find are the best !!

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                  I am probably going to have to make a move into some new double locking trem equipt guitars. Keep in mind.. I have owned just about everything. The trem needs to be a full floater. I was thinking I might have to bite the bullet and go with a trans trem Steinberger.
                  What do you guys suggest I look at. I need a very smooth full floating system that can handle the rigors of constant use.
                  How are those Floyd Discovery guitars with the blank headstock?
                  Gotoh Floyd seems to be the current favorite out there right now.

Funny you should mention the Steinberger, I just got a TransTrem equipped Steinberger from a buddy to try out (and buy if I like it). I've had a couple before - great bridges. It is it's own animal - they feel and sound different but really are very cool.

The Floyd Discovery guitars come with the Asian made Speedloaders. And just like the Asian OFR, they are not as nice as the Schaller made Speedloaders. The good thing is that the Floyd Discovery guitars are dirt cheap but still pretty good guitars and you can get a Schaller Speedloader as a drop in replacement. Having said that, if you were going to go Speedloader, I would highly recommend just snagging a Redmond series as they are extremely well made guitars and the last time I checked they were very cheap for a USA Custom Shop guitar.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by gregthatshreds View Post
                    ibanez is starting to put the zero points in some of their rg's. i wouldn't go with a kahler, its a totally different animal, I've got one on a charvel model 4 and its a lot more subtile than a floyd type{no flutters, etc..}
                    Really? My guitar teach has one and it flutters like a.... A butterfly?

Comment

maybe his is a better version than mine, the model 4 is my only experience i've had with a kahler{maybe mine is too tight?} i've had over 50 guitars with floyds or floyd liscened and liked them way better.
                      jackson pc-1 chameleon
                      charvel model 4
                      prs ce-24 emerald green
                      jackson rr ps 3t
                      ibanez rg 770 lazer red
                      engl thunder 50
                      ibanez rg 565
                      mesa boogie dc-5 head

Comment

just giving my input like everyone else.....
                        jackson pc-1 chameleon
                        charvel model 4
                        prs ce-24 emerald green
                        jackson rr ps 3t
                        ibanez rg 770 lazer red
                        engl thunder 50
                        ibanez rg 565
                        mesa boogie dc-5 head

Comment

Working...
                        X