85 ESP strathead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85 ESP strathead

Picked this up today, JB and 2 DiMarzio SDS-1 singles flicker trem.
    Earvana nut too(original to the neck).This one is all ESP parts the neck was purchased at the 48th street shop in New York back in 85.
    [/IMG]
    Last edited by straycat; 02-14-2009, 09:42 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Hey I like the Jake lookin' pickguard!!

Comment

She's a damn fine player too!

Comment

I've seen various 48th street logos around. Are there any logos/markings on the back of the headstock? It's not important really, I just find that kind of thing interesting.

Comment

I love that guitar!! I didn't know the earvana nut existed in '85.

...and I love that Kentucky Maker's Mark Bourbon!!
          My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

Awesome!, Grats
            How does the earvana nut strike you?, notice any difference?
            I'd like to try one, but then i'm worried all my other guitars would sound like shit once i got used to it or something

Comment

Axe yes it has the ESP logo stamped in the wood on the back of the headstock.
              Trem the earvana nuts have been around for quite a while.
              I can't tell much difference tone wise.I will need to A/B another guitar and check if there is any difference as far as actual tunings.
              Last edited by straycat; 02-14-2009, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Here Axe and Trem
                [/IMG]

Comment

[/IMG]

Comment

Kickass man! So it's a single volume as far as controls go? I love single volume, as long as it's pushed back out of the way of my picking hand. That looks to be the case with this baby. I will say that I like to have a tone knob when dealing with a really trebly harsh sounding strat bridge pup. If that humbucker isn't too bright or brittle sounding, then faggadaboutit.

Comment

Very cool guitar
                      Just one more guitar!

Comment

The singles are 70's and the JB is early 80's so they are pretty mellow.Not brittle or trebely at all.

Comment

That's one of the "good" ESP's man! I would love to have one of those.
                          Congrats on that one bro!
                          Paint it White!!!
                          Last edited by metalchurch79; 02-15-2009, 06:05 AM.
                          'Howling in shadows
                          Living in a lunar spell
                          He finds his heaven
                          Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                            How does the earvana nut strike you?, notice any difference?
                            I'd like to try one, but then i'm worried all my other guitars would sound like shit once i got used to it or something
                            earvana nuts are not designed to affect "tone."

what they are designed to do is to alleviate the intonation problem of the G string that every guitar with a straight nut has. see how the G string nut part is pushed further up than the others? that eliminates having to tune your G string just a hair flat to keep it intonated for the chording and playing on the lower half of the neck.

I've considered trying one, but then I'd have to remember on the fly at a show which of my guitars need the hair-flat tuning on G and which one (the earvana) did not, and I'm not sure it's worth that amount of hassle for me personally, for what benefit it brings.

the Buzz Feiten tuning system is a more expensive method of the same intonation correction.
                            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

sweet. i love it. the jake look is tits!

Comment

Working...
                              X