EVH Pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH Pickups?

I'm assuming this was debuted at NAMM this year? I missed the news...

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.c...ned?sku=580301

This is a little bit much even for Ed, no?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

It was expected. That guy will put some EVH stripes on a bag of poo and people will buy it. Don't get me wrong, we all love/enjoy/seek his tone, but it's all in the man's hands.

Comment

Wow $250 for his autograph...Is he going broke? Who would buy this?
      H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
        Pro athletes are asking up to $500 for an autograph, so maybe it's a steal?

Comment

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
          But it's relic'd also
          Don

Comment

I dunno, maybe if I had a beat up early EVH Charvie with a busted pickup, I could be tempted to throw one in as an investment to help the value 10 years from now. But I don't, and for all other cases...it's ghey.

Comment

Is it true that you can't order a Duncan 78 EVH anymore?
              Turn that Sh......... down!

Comment

Of course you can.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/product...8_model_great/

Comment

Originally posted by surfreak View Post
                  Sorry not trying to hi-jack the thread but I can't remember where I read that the 78 was no longer.
                  Turn that Sh......... down!

Comment

I think this gif says a lot about the product.
                    no sig.....

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                      Sorry not trying to hi-jack the thread but I can't remember where I read that the 78 was no longer.
                      You can order any pickup you like in Duncan's custom shop.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Still when I played the new Fender Wolfgang I was astonished with how it sounds. I wonder what these pickups will sound like in my explorer or my ESP eclipse.

With the Musicman EVH Eddie was working with Dimarzio and they send him two prototype pickups, one high output and one low output but otherwise they were exactly the same. EVH chose the low output version to be on his guitar and Dimarzio issued the high output version as the "Tone zone"

The reason why EVH didn't want his name on the "Tone zone" was that with that enormous output and gain of the 5150 stack, the "Tone zone" would be overkill.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
                          With the Musicman EVH Eddie was working with Dimarzio and they send him two prototype pickups, one high output and one low output but otherwise they were exactly the same. EVH chose the low output version to be on his guitar and Dimarzio issued the high output version as the "Tone zone"
                          That description applies to the Air Zone. It's the Tone Zone mod'd with the Airbucker technology. It has a little less output than the Tone Zone (325 mV vs. 375 mV) so it's a bit more dynamic not so over the top.

Comment

Working...
                          X