No announcement yet.

Who is the King of Korea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good comments here. I actually went with BCR. I think the quality is excellent, and they are not sandbagging with the features like most of the other manufacturers. All their high-end options are on the table here: ebony boards, trick inlays, nice tops, neck thru designs, OFR's, etc. Even some of their flagship designs are MIK, like the retro gunslingers.

Comment

I used to have a Charvette. What a piece of crap.
      8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

I've got a couple of Korean-made guitars-

- Yamaha AES620HB in "vintage" sunburst
        - Ibanez SZ320
        - 2 Epiphone Sheratons
        - Schecter Tempest Custom
        - Parker P-41
        - Ibanez Ergodyne bass

I'll tell you this- they work pretty darn well for what they are. The electronics on some of them are a little bit iffy, but you can swap the crap out for the good stuff.

I wouldn't buy anything made in China, though- I've seen some real junk come outta there.

Comment

DeArmond Jet Star.

Comment

i thought the PRS se's were really nice, didnt even know where it was made.just knew it wasnt in the us. i liked them better than alot of gibbys ive played lately

Comment

I can't speak of the other axe's listed in the poll, but I own an a Korean ESP/LTD MH-301 and every time I play it I am amazed by the quality of that guitar. I did the obligatory swap out of the EMG-HZ's for the 81/85 set, otherwise it's all original. Plays like a dream, licensed Floyd never goes out of tune and fit/finish is flawless.

Comment

I'd have to agree that inch for inch the PRS. Built great, looks real, and plays great. Most of the others actually "look" like they are lesser models the PRS so far has kept up the lie brilliantly. You can fool someone with an SE. Most of the others not so much I don't think.
                Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Easy, World Guitars. World Guitars is the best Korean manufacturer. They make the higher end Korean Dean, ESP, PRS and Schecter guitars.

Comment

I have an Ibanez Rg series an it is good. Pickups could be better but ...
                    I also have a Cort Viva Gold Korean made, and let me tell you this guitar is a monster. Plays really nice; it refuses to go out of tune even after a metal from hell session
                    and it sounds great. Plus mine has recived a lot of abuse and it is in mint conditions.

Hands down to the dudes of Cort !
                    sigpicPlayForFun

Comment

I'm not sure if it was Korean. In '85 my first guitar was a cort, it seemed reasonably well made(but it was my first guitar, so I was unaware of many things about guitars). I shortly thereafter sold that for a palmer(no idea where it was made, it was a red and black tiger striped flying v - way fucking cooler then the cort strat copy. I replaced the TOM with an OFR and it kicked major ass for a bit(kinda wish I still had had those)).

So if cort or palmer are Korean, then there's my choice.
                      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Working...
                      X