Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nut Survey.....

How many of you have more then one nut

Actually, I came across an interesting thing the other day. I shopped at a few music stores, and I was checking to see how many of these guitars have perfectly aligned nuts. I was suprised to find how many guitars were off 1/32 , or more.

Most people dont notice it....

But Im curious, go pick up your guitar if you have a Floyd, and tell me if your nut is off center or not, and by how much.

For what you pay, im suprised at some of the more $$$ , and their "quality control" It's not a hard fix, but its not easy if you decide to drowel and drill.

Mine's spot on.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Mine are all good
      Don

Comment

My poor dog just had nut surgery.

Comment

all good
          Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
          Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

Standing up or sitting down? When standing the left one is a little higher than the right one but they're not off center. Seriously, good point. I know that I have one that is slightly off center. Luckily it's a top mount so it should be easy to fix. Just got to make time to get to it.

Comment

I run into that issue about 10% of the time on new guitars (just did the math in my head). It drives me batty.

Comment

My KE3's was pretty far off, so much so the high E string would come off the fretboard all the time. I put a smaller nut on and it's okay now, but you're right, it's poor QC.
                http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Fortunately I don't have any that are off-center, but I do have one that's a hair too deep into the board, so I get some open string and 1st-fret spank on the G.

I have had a few over the years where the poor nut alignment was simply unbearable, though.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I've had that problem, but I repaired them right away. That's one of the most annoying things to me.
                    'Howling in shadows
                    Living in a lunar spell
                    He finds his heaven
                    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Got my first off center nut the other day It's not bad, but it's not correct either :think: looks like a dowel and redrill will be in order.
                      Don

Comment

This thread...doesn't deliver.

Comment

I just turn my head and cough when my nuts are getting checked
                          Dean MAB2 Aviator Signed
                          Dean MAB1 Armor Flame Signed #3
                          Dean RC7 Rusty Cooley 7
                          ESP Horizon NTII
                          Jackson SL1 USA
                          Jackson PC1 USA
                          Ibanez RGA-121
                          Ibanez PGM 301
                          Ibanez UV777BK Strung to high A
                          Maton EBG808 TE (Tommy E)
                          Alvarez CY127CE
                          Click here for my You Tube Page!!!!

Comment

my wayne is off, & so is my charvel replica, my jacksons & bcrich ST-3's have all pretty much dead on. funny the wayne & the Chrvie replica are the only 2 that are top mounted, all of the others bolt thru the neck. my soloist is an oddball tho it was ordered with a custom neck profile & its 1 3/4" nut, with the binding the E's seem way too close to the neck they're practically sitting right over the seam over the first few frets, someday ill change it over to a 1 11/16, to get my Es closer off the edge.

Comment

Working...
                            X