Review of the New ESP LTD MH401 Purple quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review of the New ESP LTD MH401 Purple quilt

First a thanks to Nick, I asked him to take a picture at Namm for me and he Ordered one and posted the picture of the one He send me.
    I will post pictures later.
    I am being very critical here.
    FIrst I was a little disapointed in that these are now made in Indonesia and not Korea.
    My second disappointment was that the purple looks more of a blue in the sun but is more of a plum in person. The color grew on me very fast though.
    The quilt top is not the best but it still looks nice.
    I first thought that the binding were it meets the fretboard was messed up but upon further inspection it is only the dye they use on the fretboard and it will come off.
    One side of the neck looks a little wavy(binding) because they didn't get ride of enough of the fret ends-you don't notice while playing. Other then that only saw 2 other flaws , there is a little purple on the binding were it ends at the neck from the body and the headstock has a very slight dip by the tuners.
    It sounds awesome, great tone, (EMG 81/85).
    It plays like butter , but the action is a little high with the tom bridge all the way down( still working on a truss rod adj)
    It is on the lighter side but so was my old Washburn x50 that is very similar guitar.
    On one hand at 679 retail seems like a lot for were it's made but on the other it looks and feels well made.
    Only time will tell

I played plenty of hit and miss korean ltd's from 02 onwards, some have been great others have been very sterile and meh...

Sounds promising if those are the only flaws...

Comment

my ex 260 was made in indo and the only problem i have is the pickups everything else was perfect. i know the indo made LTDs are hit or miss but for the price you cant go wrong. now if ESP actually made an ESP EX i would buy one but they only make them under the LTD brand.
      ESP ltd EX-260
      Jackson Kx10
      Jackson DXMG (SD Blackouts)
      Crate GFX-212T
      Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
      Dunlop Crybaby from hell

Comment

I finaly got off my butt and took a few pictures.

Comment

Nice color. I like that a lot.

...well, except for the EMGs...

Congrats.

Comment

I agree that it's a good looking guitar,

Comment

man lots of emg haters in here LOL.

very nice lookin guitar but I am biased since it looks like mine but purple. To all the emg haters I put the emgs in myself and ripped out the ducans
              Dean MAB2 Aviator Signed
              Dean MAB1 Armor Flame Signed #3
              Dean RC7 Rusty Cooley 7
              ESP Horizon NTII
              Jackson SL1 USA
              Jackson PC1 USA
              Ibanez RGA-121
              Ibanez PGM 301
              Ibanez UV777BK Strung to high A
              Maton EBG808 TE (Tommy E)
              Alvarez CY127CE
              Click here for my You Tube Page!!!!

Comment

I do admit that some zebras would would look awesome in this guitar. I want a guitar with emgs and I sold my only other guitar with 2h yesterday.

Comment

Loving that purple! It's hard to tell in the pic, does it have a matching headstock?
                  Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Loving that purple! It's hard to tell in the pic, does it have a matching headstock?
                    Yes, and the headstock looks better then the body.

Comment

Working...
                    X