Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow...what a deal !!

Upon seeing the price...i thought back at all the custom Archtops ive
    seen, 1 of a kind... hand made to perfection from $8500.00 to $12K...
    This assembly line Gibson is a steal, what with their stringent Quality Control !

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-C...77-i1433625.gc

Wow. Those kind of axes are a whole different animal that appeal to a totally different collector and player. A few years ago, a guitar show was held in my town with all the big name custom archtop builders in attendance. It was unbeleiveably mind blowing, the level of creativity and art of guitar building was incredible. As a guitar buff, I thought it was awesome. Although I have no desire or resources to own one, I can understand how guitars like this can be very desirable, regardless of price. My wife and I were checking out one very well known maker's display and a japanese collector with an interpreter was writing a check for 60 thousand bucks for a one of a kind beautiful archtop. Too cool.

Comment

Wow, nice. I played one at the Gibson Showcase at Fullers and the tone was incredible. My archtop of choice is the L5 CES, but at $8500, it's still to steep for me.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
      X