No announcement yet.

Kerry King's New B.C. Rich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad to see I'm not alone in thinking that is a hideous guitar... did KK ever play Jackson's?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
      did KK ever play Jackson's?
      Not that I'm aware. He probably played Jeff's Soloist, but he's been a die-hard B.C. Rich fan, then when they were sold to Class Axe here on the East Coast, he had an ESP endorsement for a few years then went back to B.C. Rich when Bernie bought the company back.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Too pointy.

Comment

too childish and wanna be metal. the thing that kills me about all these ridiculous pointy guitars is that the best metal was made on normal, modded guitars...like strats, gibson V's, explorers, SG's....shit, even slayer used gibsons back in the day....they sounded better then too..."show no mercy" is their best album, though "hell awaits" has some good stuff too....

metal does NOT equal a multitude of "points" on a guitar.....bc rich needs to just quit making new designs and realize that they have nothing innovative to offer. all the off shoots of bc rich, like moser and rico jr need to quit too.

ugliest guitars ever - all of em....
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

he should go back to using warlocks & mockingbirds.

Comment

I thought it was Warlocks and V's with reversed pointy headstocks that he played.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

that thing is hideous

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                  I thought it was Warlocks and V's with reversed pointy headstocks that he played.
                  Back in the day, he used a Mockingbird, and a Gibson Explorer. Jeff played a Les Paul, as well as a B.C. Rich Strat (Gunslinger? ST3?) and Bich.

Dean Zelinksi also presented Kerry with a Dime V at last year's NAMM. Dime had it in the works for him before he died.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tROwGxXjtA
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

As usual, the RoadRunner comments are hilarious.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Turd guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                        too childish and wanna be metal. the thing that kills me about all these ridiculous pointy guitars is that the best metal was made on normal, modded guitars..
                        spot on

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
                          spot on
                          I suppose, but I like the Warlock shape.
                          The other pointy's get to be too much, but the Warlock is comfortable.
                          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

well, at least the warlock was different and a bit innovative when it was released. same with some of the jackson guitars. they WERE different from a gibson or a fender, which of course, were the staple guitars of the time.

even with the ibanez iceman or the bc rich mockingbird....they were a bit more extreme whe they were intorduced, but you can easily see what classic guitars they are derived.

modern day "metal" guitars are gaudy (like schecter and LTD), too pointy (bc rich, moser, rico jr., some of those pablo jacksons), and would mostly appeal to people more concerned about LOOKING metal rather than PLAYING metal.

sorry....i can play speed riffs and fast solos on my hamer vector, which is VERY nice and VERY classy, as well as i could on that new bc rich abortion.......

and don't get me started on down tuning to be "heavy"......
                            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I am going to use this thread as a excuse to post my KKVs.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                                I am going to use this thread as a excuse to post my KKVs.

Any excuse will do. those are nice.
                                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
                                X