Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMP Lefty V

It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow 1/2/09

This is my first GMP. I really wasn't in a market for one but this guitar is from 2004 (NOS) so I thought I'd pick it up. I've got one other V so this will be a nice addition. Personally, I would have liked to have gotten a GMP Roxie but you take what you can when you're a lefty.

I'll try to give a more in depth update once I get the guitar.

Serial# is 970.

thanks!

joe...

www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Great score Joe! Thats the one from Adirondack correct? I had been looking at snagging that one for a long,long time. I just couldn't bring myself to changing it over to a righty. I am glad a lefty will enjoy it. Let us know how she works out.
    Cheers
    Kevin
    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Wow... That looks sweet
      Don

Comment

I'm glad you got that one. I've seen it around for a while & its good to see it go to a good home. GMP's are killer guitars. You should be very pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
          Thats the one from Adirondack correct?
          yep, that's the one. He said he's had it since 2004 or something like that. I really wasn't in the market for one but there are only a handful of lefties that GMP put out so I'd figure to go for it. I was hoping for one of these sparkle ones but as a lefty, you take what they have.

I should be at my UPS guy tomorrow so I'll be jamming with it then.

joe...
          www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

That is a nice guitar!! Freaked me out at first - forgot it was a lefty and thought they screwed up the bridge position.

Comment

The guitar came last night and had a chance to play it for just a few minutes before my kids woke up and I had to help them get back to sleep.

The neck profile, very nice...not a baseball bat as others had said. The fretboard and inlays were done exceptionally well. The side markers are also abalone. A nice detail to match the inlays.

Overall build construction is very good. A lot of care was put into this instrument.

The only thing about it is that when it was wired, it was done as you would for a righty so, I think about 15 minutes of work will correct this.

The guitar is very light. As with any V, not a sit down and lay on your lap kind of guitar, at least for me. It will need a strap.

Overall, a very nice guitar and for now, a keeper.

I'll try to get some more close up pictures when I can.

joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

Working...
              X