New Kramer Pacer Imperial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kramer Pacer Imperial

Well, I know this is the JCF and yes I own a Jackson, but I felt that I needed to post this in response to Nick at Piney Hills...
    "Find another USA guitar with the same price point and quality from a reputable company."
    Well, I do believe I have found an option...
    I present my new Kramer Pacer Imperial, made in the good old USA in Tennessee by Gibson...

While Kramer may not be the company it once was, Charvel also had it's up's and downs as well... Now Charvel is owned by a reputable company, as is Kramer by being owned by Gibson. I will admit that Gibson has drug there feet with the Kramer name, but if they keep going in the direction of the new Imperial they are on the right track...
    On to the guitar, what do you get for 1200 bucks compared to a Production Charvel for 1100 bucks?? Well, first, a nice hardshell case. Second a genuine German made Floyd Rose. Third Schaller M6L tunners. Those three items add up to more than 100 bucks...
    On to the guitar itself...
    The guitar itself feels like a throwback to the 80's early at that. I own a 83 Pacer Deluxe with the unfinshed neck... The neck on the new Imperial feels like a twin... On to the setup, there were no sharp fret ends, the frets had a proper dressing, no trus rod adjutment needed, the action was good, the Floyd was even in tune after traveling across the country in cold weather
    How does it sound. I would compare the Gibson pickups to the Charvel counterpart Seymour Duncans. I can't say for sure, as I don't own a Pro Mod Charvel yet. But to make it a fair comparison, I have placed an order for a Slime Green Pro Mod... I want to compare the two head to head...
    So before I go any farther, I'll leave it at that...
    Oh btw...
    Kramer did have a Strat head, before Fender freaked out

I do hope that no one takes my topic the wrong way... I think it's great that Charvel, as well as Kramer are coming back to the masses
    I feel they are both a great guitar, and will be proud to own both
    Don

That's a beauty!
    Congrats on the very cool score.
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

Sweet Imp and the Strat head is a beaut!
      Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

Wicked paint on that new Impy! Lurves me that strathead, too!
        There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Now - are those Kramers "Made in USA" or are they just assembled in the US? There were some dirty rumors about the Barettas that came out a bunch of years ago.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
            Now - are those Kramers "Made in USA" or are they just assembled in the US? There were some dirty rumors about the Barettas that came out a bunch of years ago.
            They are made in Tennessee. In fact the new Kramers are more built in the USA than the old originals were, as we all know the originals were actually assembled in the USA of parts made by ESP, Sports, and Lasido. So other than the Schaller parts (Floyd Rose) being German made, the rest of the new Kramer is built in the USA.
            Thanks guys
            Don

Comment

Very cool. I too am very glad to see both Charvel and Kramer coming out with Made In USA guitars at a reasonable price. I want a white Baretta with a black & cream pickup, like Eddie had in the Kramer ad that was on my wall all through high school.

Comment

The new ones are great guitars IMO.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

where did you find a place to buy a Kramer? It seems like no one on line carries them.
                  Ratt & Roll

Comment

www.Musicyo.com

Comment

Looks great!

I owned Kramers back in the 80s. Wish I still had my old Candy Apple Red Pacer Imperial (banana head, though).

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Shreddy View Post
                        where did you find a place to buy a Kramer? It seems like no one on line carries them.
                        Kramer does have actual Dealers out there, not just Music Yo... I bought mine from Exton music in PA. They where great to work with, and no I didn't pay the 1199.00 price tag either
                        Here's the link to the Kramer dealers that are out there,
                        http://www.kramerguitars.com/Dealers.aspx
                        Kramer is a lot like Charvel, in that they are selling the guitars through a lot of the smaller "Mom and Pop" dealers, which I commend both of them for
                        Don

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Shreddy View Post
                          Musicyo is the exclusive carrier of these, that's why you can't find them, anywhere else.

Dude, NICE guitar!

Now, about the comment of Charvel and Kramer now being owned by reputable companies: THAT, I'm not so sure of......:think:
                          I'm not Ron!

Comment

Nice guitars. I was a big fan of Kramer's back in the day. It will be interesting to see how they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
                              Musicyo is the exclusive carrier of these, that's why you can't find them, anywhere else.

Dude, NICE guitar!

Now, about the comment of Charvel and Kramer now being owned by reputable companies: THAT, I'm not so sure of......:think:
                              There are dealers out there that sell these. I bought mine from Exton Music in PA. Tomi o music has then as well, they are listed on the bay, along with another dealer (although he want's a mint for them) Yo is not the only one selling them... Just a better chance of finding one there though It could be a year before most of the dealers ever see one I got lucky...
                              Well, reputable may not be the right word, lets just say Kramer and Charvel are owned by the two biggest brand names
                              Thanks again guys
                              Don

Comment

Working...
                              X