No announcement yet.

The big show your trans/natural guitars thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They both play real nice. These guitars feel solid, are loud when played unplugged and have nice fit and finish. The Summit CT is a shorter scale (24.75) compared to the 25.5 LG Signature. I like the snappier feel of the shorter scale. Clean it sounds very good but a bit less mellower (less round) than the Godin LG Signature.

The pickup combo on the Summit CT rocks. Duncan '59 in the bridge and Duncan Alnico 2 in the neck position. I started to like a lot lower output pickups and using an overdrive to boost my signal to get more grind. The 5 way switch let's you use the pickups in single coil mode giving more tonal range to the guitar. And I dig a lot the tone I get with the neck pickup splitted as a single coil.

Good guitars! Love 'em!
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Great info.
      Now I must try one!
      Thanks!!!
      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

Forgot one thing. The neck on these guitars is very comfy. Not too thin and not too big (no baseball bat feel). Without being identical, when I played those new Charvel SoCal, I could feel some similarities in "feel" between the two guitars even if they are very different animals.
        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by WAR IN D View Post
          Here are mine. All are Southeast Guitars bodies, with Warmoth necks.

The tops on those things are THICK! They look great.
          Gibson SG Standard
          Jackson DK2M Dinky
          Silvertone S615 Acoustic from the 60's
          Roland Micro Cube
          Marshall MG100DFX

Comment

Left to right: Red Quilt EBMM Axis, Decidedly UN-Translucent Neal Schon LP, Solar Quilt PC1, Iced Tea Flamed LP Axcess, Tobacco Burst Quilt Peavey EVH Wolfgang...not shown, OLP MM Doubleneck in Tobacco Burst with OFR on the bottom neck.

As said above, there are quite a few incredible looking guitars in this thread...wow!

Comment

Trans Red Imperial,

Naked Les Paul.

Mutt Trans Red KE3,
              Don

Comment

Here is my newest one

a few others in the pack.
                Dean MAB2 Aviator Signed
                Dean MAB1 Armor Flame Signed #3
                Dean RC7 Rusty Cooley 7
                ESP Horizon NTII
                Jackson SL1 USA
                Jackson PC1 USA
                Ibanez RGA-121
                Ibanez PGM 301
                Ibanez UV777BK Strung to high A
                Maton EBG808 TE (Tommy E)
                Alvarez CY127CE
                Click here for my You Tube Page!!!!

Comment

model 375

1990s Epi

Comment

Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Carvin 727 alder body, 5 piece maple/koa neck, tung oiled finish

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                        They both play real nice. These guitars feel solid, are loud when played unplugged and have nice fit and finish. The Summit CT is a shorter scale (24.75) compared to the 25.5 LG Signature. I like the snappier feel of the shorter scale. Clean it sounds very good but a bit less mellower (less round) than the Godin LG Signature.

The pickup combo on the Summit CT rocks. Duncan '59 in the bridge and Duncan Alnico 2 in the neck position. I started to like a lot lower output pickups and using an overdrive to boost my signal to get more grind. The 5 way switch let's you use the pickups in single coil mode giving more tonal range to the guitar. And I dig a lot the tone I get with the neck pickup splitted as a single coil.

Good guitars! Love 'em!

After seeing Godin on an episode of How It's Made, I'm soooo tempted to grab one. Despite doing a ton of work by computer-controlled machines (like almost all the fretwork from cutting the slots to mounting them to trimming them), they did appear to be genuinely concerned with quality rather than "hey we can build tons of these with machines and shoot them out the door in a day like Ibanez"
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                        X