Who has/had an RG 550?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has/had an RG 550?

Didn't see pics, but this chick is unloading one on CL. $150. No joke. The 550s are the good ones, no?
    8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

yes. They are extremely good. $150.00 is a steal.

Comment

+1. My 550 was one of the best guitars I ever owned. Shoulda never sold it.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

$150 is a really good price if the guitar doesn't have any problems. With a price as low as that, I would be very careful.

I would make sure the neck doesn't have any cracks, existing or repaired, by the locking nut. Original 550s all had the thru-the-neck locking nut attachement.

Comment

ditto, they can go anything up to 6 - 800 in some parts of the world so if you're being offered that be very careful there's nothing wroing with it....what year is it? square heel?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
            $150 is a really good price if the guitar doesn't have any problems. With a price as low as that, I would be very careful.

I would make sure the neck doesn't have any cracks, existing or repaired, by the locking nut. Original 550s all had the thru-the-neck locking nut attachement.
            i had a 550 where the headstock actually fell off. but i had it repaired and it was SO solid that i NEVER had an issue with it ever again. if it does have some small cracks around the nut bolts, it can be repaired.

$150 is a steal. even if it needs some repairs. i paid $700 for mine a couple of months back.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yeah, she never e-mailed back. I guess it's sold.
              8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Working...
              X