Gibson Robot Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Robot Explorer

Well I’ve been after an Explorer now for a few years, but as I’m quite particular about fret markings/woods, it’s been a fruitless search so far. I nearly bought an Explorer Pro in trans black that had block inlays and an ebony fret board, but I wasn’t happy about the body being 9/10ths.
    If I had known then how difficult it was going to be to find one, I’d have lived with the smaller body.
    So now I’ve decided to buy an Explorer Robot. Aside from the ten minutes pleasure I’ll get from playing with 7 different automated tunings (before settling on A440 forever), this guitar offers a mahogany neck and body, ebony fret board and trapezoid fret inlays (LP Standard, SG etc).
    They only have them in red, so I’m getting a red one.

What do you think?

I think if that's what you want, go for it. Personally, I think the whole "robot" thingy is nothing but a gimmick waiting to go wrong. As you said, you're basically going to pay for a feature you're really not going to use. Hope it's everything you want in a guitar!
    "POOP"

Comment

"excuse us ladies and gents, our guitarist has gone to Radio Shack to buy a new servo"
      "POOP"

Comment

aren't they really neck heavy?
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

look at USA hamers

Comment

I just hope you have more luck with this technology than you do with amplifiers!
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I whouldn't get the robot unless I planned to use that feature. I had a JEM 10th with sustainer and a PC1 with sustainer, knowing that I would probably not use it after the first 10 minutes. That turned out to be true, and then I felt kinda foolish for getting them. JMO

Comment

Working...
              X