Carvin neckthru sunburst at Sam Ash Torrance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin neckthru sunburst at Sam Ash Torrance

I was in Sam Ash in Torrance yesterday and saw a used but very nice Carvin strat shape, DC-whatever, neck thru w/ hardtail stringthru bridge. this body had the hard edges too. a sunburst finish over natural, I think ash wings? all black hardware. Sperzels. ebony board, 24 frets. HSS setup, with volume and tone knobs and 3 mini-switches. it was a nice axe with some wear, and they had $349 on it. I played it and it was buttah all over the neck. very nice. needs a cleaning though.

a steal for a neckthru shredder with a cool finish if anyone's interested. I just cannot justify another one at this point.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Yep, that sounds like a good deal. Probably an old DC135.

Comment

yes, exactly, but without the rounded body edges (I can't stand that rounded body thing they have going on)

here's one with the same control layout, but the one on sale has the hard edges and the red in the burst. and black hardware.

Comment

What headstock is on it? It could be newer, as they do still offer the standard body edge option as well as the rounded.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Two weeks ago I would have immediately called and bought this cause I've been searching for a Carvin for a while now, but last week I found a DC127 that blew me away which I'm very impatiently waiting to receive TODAY!

Five piece Koa/Maple/Koa/Maple/Koa neck, swamp ash body, string thru tune-o-matic bridge, birdseye maple fretboard, rounded edges, and natural finish.
          I can not wait to get this thing in my hands!
          It's a collective Christmas present from all my family I talked them into.:idea:

Anyway, it's cool of you to post this skorb.
          That's what I love about this board, guys helping another brother out.
          Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
          Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Carvins lose their resale value ! Now this can be a very good thing, as
            they are wonderful to play, and you get to buy real nice used ones for
            70% off MSRP! I have a walnut DC200 that i got with Piezio, and neck thru, for $799.00! I think it was about $1550 new from Carvin. Carvin is
            probably the hands down winner in used guitars, for the best bang for the
            buck imo

Last edited by Robert Burns; 12-16-2008, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Holy crap Bob!

What do all of the little switches do? Coil tap/split?
              "Dear Dr. Bill,
              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

That one's got active electronics, so regular passive volume and tone, active treble and active bass, then two coil split switches and a phase switch. You need to pull the volume up for active mode (or is it down for active mode?) I had a DC400 awhile ago but I forgot. I know much older models had a pan control instead of a tone so you could blend the pickups together.
                It's a shame, both Carvin and Hamer seem to have crappy resale value.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  It's a shame, both Carvin and Hamer seem to have crappy resale value.
                  Yes, it is a shame. I've known several pros in this area that have bought and used Carvins for years. One cat, Billy O'Conn, could play anything available and yet you always see him with his Carvin.
                  "POOP"

Comment

Its not a "Shame" if your buying a used Carvin~! :-)) (resale value)

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      What headstock is on it? It could be newer, as they do still offer the standard body edge option as well as the rounded.
                      the seagull 6 in-line headstock, or that's what I call it

so yeah it could be a more recent guitar.

Comment

Working...
                      X