Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look what I found this morning at my office!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's finished! Right now it's 20.30 o'clock and I and my bro Kawnas started the building at 12.00. I'm tired as fuck. So I'll post just a pic for the moment, I have to go out drinkin with friends. Expect lots of pics and a detailed review asap!

nuff said:

Last edited by Mordor; 12-21-2008, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Wow, that is super nice. Did you get it set up? How does it play? Thanks for posting.

Comment

Operation Dragoncaster: complete (almost)

As promised more pics of the building! The guy in the pictures is my friend kawnas, he has quite some experience with guitar building.

First we started with the pickguard

After the soldering bridge has been installed and we checked the neck pocket

then it was already lunch time

Installing the pickguard!

maybe too much wine

Machine heads are on!

and finally the guitar is ready to rock!

We have spent almost two hours to set the guitar. One thing I immediatly noticed is that the neck plays like butter and the gloss finish is not sticky at all. Awesome profile and frets end is perfect. There is some issue with the PA2, I have to set the litte trimmer or maybe the battery is low cos when switching it on the sound change is minimal so I cannot comment about the pickups (still the singles sound sweeeet) . Too bad that I have to unmount the neck to take the pickguard over...oh well..
        I'm really happy with the final product, it looks stunning in my opinion, a real stage queen, and it plays loud also unplugged. I still have to work on the set up of it, there's still some fret buzz on the 3rd fret I have to get rid of it. I don't think fret leveling is needed though. Well, that's it for now!

Comment

Looking very sweet!
          Congrats on the new build.
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

Awesome body, gorgeous neck. That pickguard I'm not so sure about.
            "POOP"

Comment

Looks awesome but i dont think the pickguard goes well with the rest of the guitar .
              If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                Awesome body, gorgeous neck. That pickguard I'm not so sure about.
                Posted at the same time
                If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

I would have to see that pickguard in person (in order to change it to flat black, of course!)
                  "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                  --floydkramer

Comment

Gloss black would look nice too.
                    "POOP"

Comment

Gloss black would be too boring imo, I like the mirror pg oh it still has the plastic film over it! Maybe perloid pickguard would be cool too?

Comment

The pickguard ruins that body IMO. It has such a nice figure but the pg is covering it.

Still an awesome guitar

Comment

I don't mind the pg because everything else is great but can see the point that it covers that awesome finish. How about a clear pg? If

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
                            How about a clear pg?
                            +1 The cavity looks like it took the finish pretty evenly, so it could look very good.
                            This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

+1 for the clear pickguard. The mirror one doesn't really mesh well with the burst.
                              Scott

Comment

Just one little update. I sanded the frets with 0000 steel wool to take the paint off and now the playability is much improved. No dead frets, it has really a great neck. I checked the PA2 and as I thought it had the trimmer set to 0, so I turned it almost to 12 o clock and it works great, it adds lots of sparkle and a bit of sustain. So far I'm really diggin this axe.

Comment

Working...
                                X