X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Dark Fire

Damn Technology

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/DarkFire.aspx
    2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
    2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
    2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
    2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
    2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
    2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
    2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
    2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
    2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
    1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
    1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Wow, I have never been into Gibsons, and I don't know that I would buy a Robot Guitar or a Dark Fire, but I have to say, I'm impressed with Gibson's recent efforts at innovation.

Comment

Looks mighty fine, what a sweet looking axe. And I'm sure that Les Paul Himself, who's always tinkering with his guitars trying to coax new sounds out of them would approve whole heartedly.

Comment

Modeling guitar? Hmmm. Skeptical.
        www.JerryRobison.com
        '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

I think Line 6 tried this already. maybe im wrong. *disclaimer. page wouldnt load correclty for me so i wasnt able to read it. If this is far differant from the Variaxe then the disclaimer is in effect. If not then i rest my case.*
          Gil

Comment

That actually doesn't look terrible. Not bad on Gibson's part. That's the first new technology-related instrument of theirs that I've actually shown interest in.
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
              I think Line 6 tried this already. maybe im wrong. *disclaimer. page wouldnt load correclty for me so i wasnt able to read it. If this is far differant from the Variaxe then the disclaimer is in effect. If not then i rest my case.*
              Gil
              It wouldn't load for me either. I got their email this morning with this, and it wouldn't load then, still not now.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There was a Flash update the other day and this may use new coding.

Wow. Robot tuning now can switch tunings in less than a second, so you can switch tunings mid song. I didn't see any modeling yet, looks like some intelligent tone control that has access to the various coils in the burstbucker and p90. Exciting, I like the carbon fiber inlays, too.

Comment

Not too impressed yet.
                  It's the BFG layout with the robot electronics.
                  I had hoped it was going to have a variaxe electronic pkg there. But no.

The finish is nice, but it's a swiss cheese body and not coming out of the CS.
                  So, No long Tennon and probably 2nd tier wood. (Gibson CS get's 1st pick of the wood lots as far as I remember)
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
                  X