80's American Peaveys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80's American Peaveys

Any of you people have experience with them? Someone locally has a Patriot for sale in bright red. It has a single humbucker, a vintage style bridge and 23(?) frets. Oh, and it's 100 bucks with a hardshell case. Do you guys think it's worth it?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Here's the link:

Link
    Last edited by Ben...; 11-05-2008, 07:38 PM.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

My first "tube" amp was a Classic VTX. I didn't know at the time that 2 6L6 power tubes with a solid state front end doesn't really qualify as a tube amp, but I had a lot of fun with it and from what I can remember it had a lot of cool tones. The Phaser could be used as a comb filter for neat effects.

Comment

I'm actually talking about a guitar though I have an American Peavey Bass amp from that era. It's a great amp but I have to get it regrounded. I kept getting shocked.
      "Dear Dr. Bill,
      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

PVs are great guitars to buy but not so great to sell. Patriots usually go for about $125-150, which is suprisingly low for the fact that its made in USA. You could do much worse for $100............

Comment

The Peaveys from that era were great. I have a Destiny that I'm currently restoring. A friend of mine had a G-90, and now has two Odysseys. Well made stuff from my experience.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I had a partiot one humbucker model. great guitar awesome schaller pickup. sold it for $140. Sold it because i wanted to get away from one humbucker guitars, but I am up to 6 one hum. guitars.

Comment

I've had 4 Tracers, I kick myself in the butt for getting rid of the other two. Nice stuff.
              I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

I guess it's gone because it doesn't come up on a search from that link.

I had an 80s Predator that was an awesome Strat, and a Vortex 2 Rhoads copy that plays and sounds great. Looks good too except that the standard Peavey headstock doesn't look that cool with a Rhoads body style.

I bought a Tracer neck off Ebay to make it look more Rhoads-like, but I haven't had the heart to make the guitar non-stock since the stock neck plays so nice.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

It sold before I could call.

I'm gonna scour pawnshops for one though. I've heard of them being kinda common here.
                  "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

I've always liked Peavey stuff.
                    Have had a few, and they rock.
                    Those rail-style pickups really sound good.
                    Even the strat style pickups on the imported stuff are decent.
                    Necks, for the most part, smoke.
                    Great guitars, IMO.
                    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                    --floydkramer

Comment

My first guitar was a red Peavey Patriot, very decent low priced guitar.

Comment

I had a black late 80's patriot and it was a boat anchor.

Comment

I had a Peavey ROCK MASTER head from the 80's. It sounded way better than many JCM 800's from that era.

Comment

Working...
                          X