Hot Rodded Fender Tele video action!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonP View Post
    Doesn't that defeat the idea of having a Tele? I can go the other way, my LP Classic has push/pull pots that let me split the 496R/500T pickups.
    it doesn't make the tele sound like a gibson, the metal bridge is where the Tele sound comes from, SC sized humbucker just sounds beefier than a regular tele SC, it still has twang

Not trying to be a smartass, but I've been on a quest to try and figure out why the hell I would ever want a Tele (a real Tele with vintage single coils).
    it's one of the coolest looking guitars and the body gives you a really cool punchy sound

I only play Rock and Metal. What use would I have for a twangy country guitar (IMO)?
    you can't play rock with tele? it's one of the best rock guitars out there. some of the coolest rock tones have been recored with teles, early Zep, Joe Walsh in The James Gang (Funk #49), pretty much everything by The Stones etc.
    if you want more power you can use higher output pickups, Chopper T is an awesome pickup, Richie Kotzen uses it and gets an incredible and powerfull chunky sound, the tele characteristics still remain due the metal bridge that is surrounding the pickup.

When I think Tele, I think Rolling Stones. Might be fun to play for a bit, but not something I'd want to dump a lot of cash into.
    Ever since I got my first tele it's been a major workhorse, really comfortable guitar to play with, awesome guitar to write songs with, tele really brings out all the nuances in your playing and helps you to become a more precise player.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I put a lil '59 in my Jap HM Tele at the neck position and I love it. Check it out.

Btw, you have the skills, you just need to land on the right notes. I'll send you a PM that might be helpful.

Comment

Endrik is correct DonP - you throw a hum into a tele, and it'll still have that spank. I've had LOTS of teles, and most of them got a Dimarzio Chopper T or Fast Track put in the bridge. It did two things - took away the hum, and increased sustain. Beyond that, it didn't change the character much. The '59 is probably one of the lower output of the SD tele-hums.

Teles are my favorite guitars to play - I've never had one I didn't like, and that includes the MIM Standards. There's plenty guys out there shredding up teles - Kotzen is the first that comes to mind. Phil Collen uses one often enough as well...

If you want a Les-Tele, try the Jim Root or the G&L ASAT Deluxe. Tele in appearance only!! Teles ROCK. Period.

Comment

Endrik is correct DonP - you throw a hum into a tele, and it'll still have that spank. I've had LOTS of teles, and most of them got a Dimarzio Chopper T or Fast Track put in the bridge. It did two things - took away the hum, and increased sustain. Beyond that, it didn't change the character much. The '59 is probably one of the lower output of the SD tele-hums.

Teles are my favorite guitars to play - I've never had one I didn't like, and that includes the MIM Standards. There's plenty guys out there shredding up teles - Kotzen is the first that comes to mind. Phil Collen uses one often enough as well...

If you want a Les-Tele, try the Jim Root or the G&L ASAT Deluxe. Tele in appearance only!! Teles ROCK. Period.

Comment

You can say that again !!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post

Not trying to be a smartass, but I've been on a quest to try and figure out why the hell I would ever want a Tele (a real Tele with vintage single coils).

Here is why you'd want a Tele....because they KICK ASS. Watch this, the magic begins at about :37

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j8Jl4LAQjA

Comment

Holy sheite! That was impressive until I saw Billy shean do that on that big ass Bass. Good Grief!

I used to play bass 20 years ago and there was always someone scoffing at the bass guitar. Seems like kick ass Bass players never get the respect they deserve. Big ass frets, long ass scale, huge freaking strings and he ripped it!

Thanks for posting that.
                Last edited by phill_up; 11-06-2008, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                  I hear that! Nobody strays further than me. I make myself cringe most of the time I try to play a solo.:ROTF:
                  me too:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                  X