Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha Weddingtons are appreciating like crazy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Weddingtons are appreciating like crazy.

I have a Weddington Classic identical to this one, and I paid $599 Canadian brand new for mine. I realize that's cheaper than normal because mine marked WAY down, but still.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=001

It's at $1259 with 3 hours left!

If it wasn't such an awesome guitar, I'd sell mine.

Anyone else own a Weddy, and what did you pay for it?
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

I used to sell them back in 93/94.
    Incredible guitars... never bought one as I just played the demo guitar every day I worked at the shop.
    -Rick

Comment

Man that's an nice guitar. Probably one of the only single-cuts I've ever not actually minded.
      "Dear Dr. Bill,
      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

This will eventually be the only single cut in my collection.
        I've been looking for one for a while and was too late on the last one that popped up at a reasonable price.

That Classic retailed for $1599 in 94' so these are obviously very desirable to some.
        I like the thinner body and the awesome neck joint on them.
        Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
        Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

I like the heel on those guitars. I had never seen one before, looks great.
          Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by mrrs View Post
            This will eventually be the only single cut in my collection.
            I've been looking for one for a while and was too late on the last one that popped up at a reasonable price.

That Classic retailed for $1599 in 94' so these are obviously very desirable to some.
            I like the thinner body and the awesome neck joint on them.
            Thinner body? Mine has a very thick body. The arch of the top is very pronounced, much more deeply contoured than a Les Paul. It's probably 2-1/2" thick in the centre!

The neck joint is unbelievable, and makes the guitar infinitely more playable than an LP, not to mention the neck shape. The neck feels more like something you'd find on a Jackson or Ibanez. It's quite slim and comfortable, and very easy to play.

Comment

Those kick ass and well worth the money IMO.I have been watching those go up for about a year now.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I think I paid about $400 used for my Weddington Custom in 1992. Wish I still had it. I'm not entirely surprised about the prices, since they are difficult to find. I wonder why Yamaha hasn't reintroduced it in some form?

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                  Thinner body? Mine has a very thick body. The arch of the top is very pronounced, much more deeply contoured than a Les Paul. It's probably 2-1/2" thick in the centre!
                  I guess the Classics and Customs are thicker than the Special cause it is thin.
                  This is the best shot I have.

Please post a pic of yours Zeegler. I'm keeping a catalog of all I can find and there aren't many pics floating around.
                  Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
                    I wonder why Yamaha hasn't reintroduced it in some form?
                    I read an interview with Rich Lasner of Ibanez fame (he's the designer of the Pacifica, Attitude, and Weddington lines) and he said the Pacifica 1400 series and Weddingtons were very expensive to produce because of the the neck joints, multiple piece necks ect, ect.........

On a side note I just picked up a Yamaha Pacifica 1212 and this thing is a great guitar in every sense of the word.
                    It's actually a NOS from 93' with the plastic still on all the guards!

Comment

I guess the Classics and Customs are thicker than the Special cause it is thin.
                      This is the best shot I have.

Please post a pic of yours Zeegler. I'm keeping a catalog of all I can find and there aren't many pics floating around.
                      Ah, yes, the Special. I've been tempted to get one of those a few times, but always hold out in the hope of getting another Classic, or Custom. Yes, it's much thinner, because it has a flat top without the thick maple cap. I'll bet it still sounds kickass though.

Here's a couple of pics of mine. I really need to get good pics of all my geetars one of these days. The bridge is a Wilkinson roller bridge with much better saddle adjustment than on regular TOM bridges. The only other mod I've made is the Mighty Mite Motherbucker pickup set.

Comment

Very nice, love that maple top.
                        Thanks for the pics.

Comment

I read an interview with Rich Lasner of Ibanez fame (he's the designer of the Pacifica, Attitude, and Weddington lines) and he said the Pacifica 1400 series and Weddingtons were very expensive to produce because of the the neck joints, multiple piece necks ect, ect.........
                          Interesting. It's also true that the Weddingtons didn't sell all that well when they first came out. Back then, I think people were less willing to pay top dollar for Japanese guitars. The high-end Yamaha SG series never sold that well in the USA, either, IIRC.

Heck, given what ESP charges now and the mystique that surrounds the Weddingtons now, I'd think there would be a market for them even at high prices.

Comment

Working...
                          X