Jackson-style Warmoth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson-style Warmoth

So this is a spalt-top "Soloist." Soloist in Warmoth parlance, Dinky in Jackson parlance.

The body is mahogany, with a spalted maple top, obviously. The neck is also mahogany, with a reverse Jackson-style headstock. The fingerboard is jet black ebony. The frets are 6100 and the inlays obviously sharkfins. Believe it or not, the neck is bound in black.

The pups are Dimarzio throughout: Norton bridge, Air Norton S middle, and Evo Neck in the neck slot. The electronics are from RS. The bridge is an OFR and the tuners are Gotohs.

The Guitars:
    Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
    The Amps:
    Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

wow gorgeous. Love the spalted maple. Altho that would be a dinky since itsd a bolt on.

Comment

Nice, that top is gorgeous.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
        wow gorgeous. Love the spalted maple. Altho that would be a dinky since itsd a bolt on.
        Thanks for the good words, guys.

JFreak, read the first line of my post.
        The Guitars:
        Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
        The Amps:
        Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

wow, that looks great! Is that top bound?

Gil, Warmoth refer to that body shape as the "Soloist". We all know it's a Dinky
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            wow, that looks great! Is that top bound?

We all know it's a Dinky
            Thanks, yes, the top is bound.

Like I said, see the first line of my post. Soloist in Warmothian, Dinky in Jacksonian.
            The Guitars:
            The Amps:

Comment

What an amazing looking guitar and all mahogony, ebony board, and binding. Pretty cool guitar. I would love to play it just to hear what it sounds like. Great job!
              Just one more guitar!

Comment

that rox, i like the blak binding on the black wood.
                no sig.....

Comment

Outstanding!
                  "POOP"

Comment

Love it! The black binding was a great choice.
                    Your friendly neighborhood import whore :: '08 DK2M, '08 DKMG, '03 KVX10, '94 Dinky Rev.

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words. It turned out better than I had hoped. It's even really light. And it sounds killer.
                      The Guitars:
                      The Amps:

Comment

Working...
                      X