No announcement yet.

Thinking about building a Nightswan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about building a Nightswan...

Does anyone know anything about Southeast Guitars? He makes replica bodies. He has a copy of the Nightswan called the Night Eagle. You can get it in 24 3/4 scale, just like the original, or 25 1/2. I really don't want to try to find an original neck, would rather just go with a Warmoth reverse explorer....but the Warmoth's are 22 fret...any opinions, suggestions? I should probably email Southeast guitars and ask him...but I always ask here first, cuz you guys are sooo smart
    I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

I do believe that somone here ordered a 24 fet neck that was 24.75 scale from warmoth that would fit in their standard route...

You will have to email or ring them though, as it's not a listed option...

Also Denny of mojo bodies has made some dam fine bodies...

Comment

Warren at SouthEast guitars does very, very nice work. Recommend him 100%.

George

Comment

FYI on the 24 fret neck idea, Warmoth's 24 fretter is a 22 fret neck with a very long overhang, so I would think that would fit the body set up for a 22 fret neck just fine (as long as the fretboard isn't hitting the neck pickup). Musikraft will do "true" 24 fret necks that are cut to fit bodies set up for 24 fret necks.

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
          FYI on the 24 fret neck idea, Warmoth's 24 fretter is a 22 fret neck with a very long overhang, so I would think that would fit the body set up for a 22 fret neck just fine (as long as the fretboard isn't hitting the neck pickup). Musikraft will do "true" 24 fret necks that are cut to fit bodies set up for 24 fret necks.
          Actually, there are two 24 fret necks that W makes. One is the one of which you speak. The other is a shorter scale 24 fret neck that does NOT have the overhang.
          The Guitars:
          Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
          The Amps:
          Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Great. Now I'm even more cunfused. Seeing as how there is no neck pickup, I guess the overhang would be ok...
            I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Viv's was built out of warmoth parts and with a 24 3/4 scale.

Comment

Originally posted by AimingHigh View Post
                Warren at SouthEast guitars does very, very nice work. Recommend him 100%.

George
                I'll second George's comments. I've had Warren build me three bodies so far and all of them were amazing. Here are some pics of his work. The first one is a finished guitar with flame maple over mahogany "Marvel" body (Charvel copy), the next body that is being finished out (tung oil) right now is a flame Claro Walnut top over mahogany "Marvel" body, and the last is a quilted maple over mahogany "Night Eagle" body that I'm finishing right along side the walnut/mahogany body. These aren't the run of the mill stuff you get from him with regard to what you see on the website woodwise because I bought the wood and sent it to him to build out, but regardless of that he can probably get anything you need when it comes to figured wood. He's amazing and does everything by hand. I've got a Warmoth birdseye/birdeye strathead neck that's going on the walnut guitar but Warren is building me a replica Nightswan neck in 25.5" scale with 22 frets to go on the Swan body.

Comment

How thick are the maple caps on those things? They look ridiculously thick to me!
                  "Dear Dr. Bill,
                  I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                    How thick are the maple caps on those things? They look ridiculously thick to me!

They are all half and half.

Comment

See, I had read somewhere that Viv's was built from Warmoth stuff, but that they weren't doing them anymore. I didn't realize that Warren built necks...if you don't mind me asking, how much is the replica neck gonna run?

Comment

War in D, those look great! I especially love the quilt in that third one.
                        The Guitars:
                        Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
                        The Amps:
                        Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Aiming High and War in D know their sh**.Very sharp in all things Kramer for sure...........................
                          Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Originally posted by quadperson View Post
                            See, I had read somewhere that Viv's was built from Warmoth stuff, but that they weren't doing them anymore. I didn't realize that Warren built necks...if you don't mind me asking, how much is the replica neck gonna run?
                            Don't know just yet. I just picked those bodies up over last weekend and started talking to Warren about the neck when I was there. I was going to pick up a reverse Explorer neck from Warmoth but after playing one of the necks he built, I'm going with him. I just told him what I wanted and he said he would build it, that's good enough for me. lol We really didn't talk price but I know that's he's not going to treat me (or anyone else, for that matter) badly on price so I trust him to just do it and tell me what I owe him. I mean, don't get me wrong.. He builds quality stuff and I've asked for some out of the norm options, so it's not going to be cheap but I can pretty much guarantee it'll be as good if not better than anything you can get from Warmoth. He's really only gotten into building necks recently but I've seen a few necks he's built and gotten to play one and they are sweet.

Doc, thanks for the kind words. I hope to start putting the Walnut on together this weekend and I've got everything for the Swan body with the exception of the neck and the Floyd. I'll post up a pic of the finished walnut guitar when it's done.

Rev. Timmy.. I know a little about Kramer, but George (AimingHigh) is definitely the Kramer Master. That man has forgotten more than I'll ever know.

Comment

Working...
                            X