Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender announce David Gilmour Sig

http://www.fender.com/news/index.php...ay_article=264

I bet this is going to be hidously expensive..but me wanty!!!!

can't wait to see more pics

I am already down for one.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Not that I'll be able to afford one of those...

I wonder if the relic will be an exact replica, with the various routing changes and filler that's in that guitar?

There are pictures of the prototypes in the back of the Black Strat book.
      Last edited by shobet; 07-30-2008, 12:30 PM.
      Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post

I wonder if the relic will be an exact replica, with the various routing changes and filler that's in that guitar?
        That's an interesting point, I never thought about that, especially where the Kahler used to be. Based on what the custom shop did with Frankie and Lenny, I would think that would have to be there, (be really cool if they threw in a spare charvel neck as well!!)

Joe...I hate you!!..what one did you go for...and more importantly when will you get it?

Comment

why doesn't it have the Gilmour EMG set? WHAT THE WHORE?!
          Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
            why doesn't it have the Gilmour EMG set? WHAT THE WHORE?!
            I was about to say the same exact thing
            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I agree w/ all of you guys, this should have the EMG's and of course the Charvel neck. I can't remember which era he had these parts on his Strat?

I'm afraid that this will follow the trend of high prices for collectors not players.
              I say for everyone interested: build your own, with your own specs and you will much happier. Or depending on the price buy one and mod it.
              'Howling in shadows
              Living in a lunar spell
              He finds his heaven
              Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Looks cool though...

Comment

The black Strat was used on a lot of the good stuff before 86. The first of the Charvel necks was fitted in 78, only to be replaced by a 22 fret Charvel neck in 82.

From my reading this guitar was with the hard rock cafe from 86 to 97, and as soon as it was returned had the shit trem replaced and the neck swapped again for a Fender one.

I would expect on the relic that every gouge and hole would be recreated, including the glue and wood dust filled square where the XLR socket was. I'd also expect a big fucking hand chiselled route where the humbucker was fitted.

But I agree with metalchurch79, I have the feeling that a true replica will be out of most peoples price ranges. Instead buy a bog standard Strat and fuck it up on your own. Lets face it, even if you buy this guitar, the old Hiwatt amps, the Wem cabinets, the rotating cabinets and the vintage and Cornish modded effects, you're still not going to sound fuck all like him. It's in his fingers. But then I suppose I'm missing the point.

The impression I got from reading about this guitar is that Gilmour thinks more of it as a workhorse than a cherished instrument, otherwise he wouldn't have fucked it in the way he did. Having seem pics of his studio on his boat and his house I think the good stuff is kept there.

I still want one though...

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

weren't the EMG's on the red strat, or were they on the black one too?
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

7.25" radius... ugggh!

And where is the mini toggle switch?

The specs say:
                      Pickup Switching 5-Position Blade:
                      Position 1. Bridge Pickup
                      Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
                      Position 3. Middle Pickup
                      Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup
                      Position 5. Neck Pickup

1 Mini-Toggle (Adds Neck Pickup in Positions 1, 2 and 3.)
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The mini toggle switch is there, look at the silver dot between the volume and the normal selector.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                          weren't the EMG's on the red strat, or were they on the black one too?
                          I don't think the black strat had EMGs on it, the cream and red reissues he used did though.

Comment

Pricing:

NOS (Black) $3999
                            Relic (Black over Sunburst) $4799

I've been waiting for this guitar for years. I'm very disappointed that it's priced so high. Unless this is retail and they'll come down to about the mid 2grand or so, there's no way I can afford this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
                              Pricing:

NOS (Black) $3999
                              Relic (Black over Sunburst) $4799

I've been waiting for this guitar for years. I'm very disappointed that it's priced so high. Unless this is retail and they'll come down to about the mid 2grand or so, there's no way I can afford this.
                              Dude!................. you don't have to pay that price. Negotiate, haggle,deal. These are tough times the retailers want to sell as much as you want to buy. Find a partner and dance.
                              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Working...
                              X