• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esp kh-2

I'm looking at getting a ESP KH-2, it's used but looks to be in
    descent shape.
    Any one own one or have played one, what is your thoughts on that
    guitar?

Its a great guitar for metal. Sounds good, feels good & plays well. Probably not the greatest for clean sounds but decent.

Pete
    www.myspace.com/mortality

Comment

I played several. I think they're ok, but a bit overpriced for what you get. Plus I think the rosewood and inlays look kinda cheap. Playability and tone are generally good though.
      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

The used one I was looking is priced at $1400.
        Seems to be priced better then most, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Jackson View Post
          Is it the bolt-on or neck-thru?
          "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Jackson View Post
            I havent priced any in quite a while but I got mine for about $800 a couple of years back. You can find alot of good guitars for $1400. Just depends on what will make you happy.

Pete
            www.myspace.com/mortality

Comment

bolt-on

Comment

whoa...that seems kinda high to me...but i am not an expert on the KH guitars.
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

You get more bang for your buck with an M-II, which it is loosely based off of. I put EMG's and a battery box in mine.

Comment

Hold off for a better price. I got a neck thru KH2 for around 1400.

Comment

I truly love the neck profile on the KH-2.
                      Everyting else is blah...doesn't appeal to me.
                      The skulls fret markers and EMG's aren't my bag.
                      Again the neck profile is great, fits like a glove, feels just right for me.
                      I have yet to find a neck that feels like that to my hand, great neck.
                      Would I spend 2 grand for a neck? Nope, not gonna happen.
                      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Just for reference...I picked up a used KH-2 at the Atlanta GC for $900 (2 years ago). Good condition so it is a player. I usually only buy mint used stuff but the feel was great and it does give me an appreciation for a guitar that should be played and not a case queen.
                        No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

Yea you can find them a bit cheaper for a bolt on, its an alright playing guitar , i personally hate rosewood boards, and the inlays are total crap, but other than that no surprises, its a decent guitar.

Comment

Working...
                          X