Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a MiniMay for my 3 year old daughter

It's this thing:

The one in May's right hand. It's very well built. Good pickups, stays in tune (granted, tuned to key of G).

I got it at a big discount.

Now my daughter can stop pestering me when I practice. She can sing bah-bah black sheep as she strums the Minimay instead.

I've got the full sized version and for the money, it's a well built guitar especially when compared to the last version of the Brian May sig model that Guild offered in the 90s. For the price difference between the 2 (used Guild Brian Mays were around $3500 last I checked), I would still buy the new Brian May sig model. It's got the sound and feel that guitar is supposed to have.

Comment

Looks great, man! Maybe it can get her into playing as she grows up. I would feel special as a kid, if I had that.
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
        Looks great, man! Maybe it can get her into playing as she grows up. I would feel special as a kid, if I had that.
        I would like it too if she picked up the guitar, but I really am not the kind of parent who will press a kid into a hobby or a sport.

She sees me practice everyday (granted, for only a half hour!!) and that has made her come into my studio/office and mess around with the gear.

You think you can train yourself to make sure the volume setting on your amp hasn't been messed with when you were at work, but about four times in the last year I've turned on the amp only to get blasted by 100 watts at 100% through a 2x12 EV12L cab. Thanks, I say to myself, now when my daughter cries or whines I won't be able to hear her!!

Comment

VERY COOL my son is 6 & i got him a parts mutt strat but hes still not big enough to mess with it properly. What does one of those minimays run?

Comment

They're pricey for what they are. $199.

I had a discount this month so I got it for $149.

Comment

Working...
            X