schecter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schecter

what do yall think? i have found a soso deal on a doubble cutaway LP style with pretty nice binding and inlays, dual humbuckers duncan design.

They're OK guitars. Korean-made, decent value for the money. Nothing particularly great or terrible IMO.

Comment

ok, thanks. this one is about 95% with everything looking really nice on it. just figured someone on here would shine some light on it. i figured out what it is, its a hell raiser tempest.
      Last edited by cmh2007; 07-07-2008, 05:48 PM.

Comment

great guitars. But make sure you check it out first, cause Korea wasn't made for quality. Some of them are good, some bad.
        Gear:
        Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
        Jackson Kelly (KE3?), Lawrence equipped
        Ibanez RG320
        Ensanada Acoustic
        Peavey Bandit 112
        Soon to Be:
        Pedals!

Comment

i loved my schecter C plus. They have Tone Pros bridges too . Change the pickups and you will have a good guitar.

Comment

Schecter always looked better on the rack to me than they actually played. They look fancy for the price but anytime the store salesmen would say: "Go ahead, plug it in. They are awesome guitars" I would be disappointed by the feel and didn't think they were all that. Aside from that, I think at least the higher end ones have factory Plek jobs which is cool.
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Schecter's Korean builds mostly have name-brand parts & pups which are at least a cut above what you usually get in the price range. I've played a few and they're decent, about what I'd expect for the money but with better pups & hardware than normal.

The USA custom stuff is usually lights-out and goes for cheap on the rare instances it shows up used.
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I have a C-1 Elite, a CSH-1 and a CSH-12. All good quality guitars. Not a fan of the Duncan Designed pickups, though, so I swapped all them out. They also use EMG's a lot, which I'm not that into. If they'd put ebony boards on some more of their models, I'd probably get a couple more.
                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne View Post
                  The USA custom stuff is usually lights-out and goes for cheap on the rare instances it shows up used.
                  I've always wanted one. My guitar teacher when I was 13(I think?) had a Schecter strat. It seemed so much cooler than any Fender I'd seen.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

The old-school USA Schecters were great. Loved their strats and "PT Teles". Unfortunately, they make very little USA stuff nowadays. There doesn't seem to be much demand. The imports are great bang for the buck guitars, similar to ESP's LTD line.

Comment

Hmmm sure its a tempest? The bdl cut LP or Sg style guitar is the S series. The tempest is more of an offset strat. Than an LP. And the hellraiser has real EMG's at least the current ones do. And real floyds. As far as quality. They are great for the money. Some need a bit of electronics swapping and some need a fret dressig or level. but for the most part they are really nice for the cash. Especailly used. BTW they're owned by the same parent company that ownes ESP. dont know if thats a factor or not but id thought id throw that out there. Made in differant plant by differant people, but same owners. Kinda like Jackson and Fender huh? lol
                      Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                        Hmmm sure its a tempest? The bdl cut LP or Sg style guitar is the S series. The tempest is more of an offset strat. Than an LP. And the hellraiser has real EMG's at least the current ones do. And real floyds. As far as quality. They are great for the money. Some need a bit of electronics swapping and some need a fret dressig or level. but for the most part they are really nice for the cash. Especailly used. BTW they're owned by the same parent company that ownes ESP. dont know if thats a factor or not but id thought id throw that out there. Made in differant plant by differant people, but same owners. Kinda like Jackson and Fender huh? lol
                        Gil
                        Huh? They say on their website they have no affilation with ESP. This is a bit confusing, as their Diamond Series are made in the same Samick/Cort assembly lines as LTD and most other guitars, but the actual companies are separate.

I have a few issues with Schecters. For one, they all feel bland, like assembly line guitars that the persons who threw them together could care less about the guitar. the other is the fact is people always think they are unique and different looking, but yet they make 5 other guitars that look very similar, and there are millions made of them. They cater to Guitar World/Guitar Hero metal market it seems.

Comment

It was in an interview with the CEO of said company. I'll have to try to find it. But yes they are affiliated. But only by having the same owners. ESP and Schecter are both seperately opoerating companies in thier own right. But do have the same parent company.
                          And the Korean guitars are made in thier own plant. However they are working on deals to be made by other manufacturers to diversify and keep up the production levels.
                          Gil

Comment

yeah the few ive played were pretty nice guitar for the $. tho IMO the PRS SE's are alot nicer.
                            here's my old schecter, im not sure if it was a factory made guitar or a kit. no logo but the ALL of the parts except the tuners are schecter.
                            its heavy like LP heavy & it sounds great. one piece koa body one piece brazilian RW neck maple skunk stripe & dots. brass hardware its the only strat type ive ever owned.

Comment

Working...
                            X