look what i just scored!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• look what i just scored!!!

an original road flare red RG550!!!!! i am excited!!!!

hmmmm, i am thinking of yellow pickups and green knobs. any other ideas? i will be putting dimarzio PAF Pro pickups in the neck/bridge and an HS-3 in the middle...
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Nice Score, 550's are great guitars, though I don't love RGs so much myself What pups are in it now?
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Comment

the factory pickups.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Very nice, will you be getting sunglasses for when you've changed everything to the colour you want so you can actually look at it?
        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

hahahahahahaha, yeah, probably. but it is the AUDIENCE that will need shades. i am into to gaudy, flashy looking guitars. my number 1 stage guitar for the last couple of years has been my holoflake SL-1.

the crowds LOVE that guitar, but it is time for something a little different. back in the day (i am old now ) i used to play a white RG550 with pink pickups and yellow knobs. i traded it for my blk ghost flame sl2h. i have missed it for years, so a new neon colored ibanez will fun!!!! the band is gonna HATE it!!!

tonight the new iceman will be getting it's debut onstage. i am pretty pumped about playing something different.

i also have this DSY 540s i could play onstage. i have had it since 1987 and i have NEVER played it out. weird. i may have to soon....

GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Looks like Hot pink to me.....Nice Score!
            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

That Holoflake SL is the shit man. I really dig that one.

Nice score man. Those are getting somewhat rare in that condition.
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

nice score and guitars!

Comment

Nice, brings back great 80's memories.

Those things were everywhere back in the day.
                  Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                  Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

I would NEVER consider playing anything gaudy!

P.S. Nice Ibanez!
                    "POOP"

Comment

hahahaha, yeah, that IS a bit much....
                      GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

I miss my RG550. I had the Yellow. It got ripped off from a gig here and I miss her... Fuck I hate thiefs....

Comment

That's a great score, but I think you could do better than to add PAF Pro's. They are ok but I find I have to re-eq my rig when I play my Jem as they simply lack the balls of some other pickups IMO. I would go with Evolutions or maybe a Tone Zone in the bridge. That said, if you've used them and like them, go for it.

Comment

wicked! What year? I don.t think yellow pickups would work. If its as hot pink as it looks maybe green pickups. Personally it looks the shiz already
                            Last edited by sonicsamurai; 07-06-2008, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
                              That's a great score, but I think you could do better than to add PAF Pro's. They are ok but I find I have to re-eq my rig when I play my Jem as they simply lack the balls of some other pickups IMO. I would go with Evolutions or maybe a Tone Zone in the bridge. That said, if you've used them and like them, go for it.
                              +1, I had one of the old 7RBs, found the PAF Pros to be a bit weak. Looking forward to my newly refinished 7VWH though

Comment

Working...
                              X