Grosh Guitars - Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grosh Guitars - Opinions?

I'm considering adding a couple more high end guitar lines here, the first of which is Grosh, so I'm curious to see what you guys know about these guitars. Do any of you own them or would you consider buying one in the future? They get absolutely stunning reviews in all the magazines and appear to be in the same league (or a step above) Suhr and Anderson.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Matt

Matt's Music Center
    35 Pleasant St
    Weymouth MA 02190 USA
    781-335-0700
    www.mattsmusic.com
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

a former band mate had one of his strats. it was INCREDIBLE. WAY nicer than my CS fender. i can't even describe how nice it was.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I had a Grosh Strat - it was fantastic. They are absolutely great guitars. Their set necks are brilliant.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Tim, I think you were one of the first to tell me about Grosh. Seems they have quite a reputation as one of the best guitars available.
        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
          I had a Grosh Strat - it was fantastic.
          Tim, this kind of statement always makes me wonder why it's in a past tense.

I guess I wonder why a great guitar like this would no longer be in someone's possession (mainly because you don't see like the "have to sell gear to pay rent" sort of person).
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
            Tim, this kind of statement always makes me wonder why it's in a past tense.

I guess I wonder why a great guitar like this would no longer be in someone's possession (mainly because you don't see like the "have to sell gear to pay rent" sort of person).
            My Grosh had a scalloped neck. I had a number of scalloped guitars at one point. I love them for solo work but I hate them for any sort of intricate chord work. I ended up just getting rid of all my scalloped guitars. That Grosh I had was fantastic - exceptional neck profile, perfect fretwork, gobs of sustain, fantastic tone, etc. I still keep my eye out for a good deal on a Grosh.

Grosh guitars can easily hold their own with any of the boutique builders like Suhr, Anderson, Tyler, etc.

- Newc

Comment

I loved the SetNeck I played. He does excellent work.

His strats are decently priced, but the SetNeck and Les Paul rival guitars are way up there in price.

I recently bought a guitar by a North Carolina builder who is rivalling Grosh's SetNecks, and that's Jack Briggs. While Grosh builds a lot of Strat type guitars, both of these guys produce very few LP styles. I think I heard there are only 100 or so SetNecks made, and that's over several years or more. Briggs only builds 40 a year.

Comment

I've played several Briggs guitars - VERY nice. Indoor Storm has them.

- Newc

Comment

Look nice.
                  The set neck options are cool.
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I've been trying to get Anderson in here and I'm also talking with Robin. I know Anderson has a fantastic reputation, what do you guys think about the Robin stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                      My Grosh had a scalloped neck.
                      there you go
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post
                        I've been trying to get Anderson in here and I'm also talking with Robin. I know Anderson has a fantastic reputation, what do you guys think about the Robin stuff?
                        I played a few Robin strat's and tele types. They are really good and I like Rio Grande pickups. Some people think they can be middy though.
                        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I like Grolsh, but they don't make guitars.
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                            I like Grolsh, but they don't make guitars.
                            Well, they make guitar parts. I take the red rubber stopper off and slide it over my strap knobs to lock them in.

Comment

Good idea. Or it least it will seem like a good idea by the time I've had enough of them to put the locks on all of my guitars...

Comment

Working...
                              X