New family additions from Canada, USA, and Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New family additions from Canada, USA, and Korea

Picked up a few more bargains I couldn't refuse within the last couple a months.
    Here's a couple of outdoor shots.

1) On the left is my Cort G290. It has the best list of hardware of any of may axes too. All Duncans, Wilkinson roller nut and trem, Sperzel locking tuners, Abalone inlays, coil tap, carved swamp ash body with a quilted maple veneer.
    I wanted to give a Cort a try and this is their top of the line super strat.
    I must say this thing is very nice for the price I paid and extremely versatile. Not like the crap they made in the 80's.

2) Another Godin ST, this one is a signature model. I can't say enough about these guitars. This one has a quilted archtop, Duncan lil' 59's, Schaller trem and locking tuners, and the straightest neck I've ever played on. Great to look at and play too.

3) Another Washburn MG-120. This one has a quilted Maple top/Mahogany body, all Duncans, Wilkinson trem, and Gotoh locking tuners. Designed by Grover Jackson in the mid 90's and made in Chicago. Like the Godin, great looks and playability.

4) Lastly, a Washburn xb900 bass. Mahogany body with factory EMGs and made in Chicago.

While I love $2000 custom Jacksons like everyone else, I just can't justify spending that much on one guitar when I bought all four of these (that listed for over $4700 new) ,albeit used, for under $1000!!!!!!!!!

One of these days I'll order that custom though.
    Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
    Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Those are some beauties. Congrats!!! Is that tuner on the Washburn supposed to be bent like that?
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
      Is that tuner on the Washburn supposed to be bent like that?
      No, unfortunately the previous owner broke the original so I'm looking for a replacement.
      If anyone knows where I can get a single Gotoh locking tuner let me know.
      Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel

Comment

Dude that's so weird. I was just on UG and saw this pic, came here and this was the first thread I opened. Your freaking me out man. Sweet guitars though, I guess you have a thing for wood
        Gear:
        Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
        Jackson Kelly (KE3?), Lawrence equipped
        Ibanez RG320
        Ensanada Acoustic
        Peavey Bandit 112
        Soon to Be:
        Pedals!

Comment

LOve that washburn. I have been wanting to get one of those in purple quilt but I have only seen one and I was out bid on it I while back

Comment

those guitars are very nice! Very tasteful. I like the washburn a lot but equally the other two are attractive and elegant

Comment

so what is it you have against centered fretboard dots?
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by mrrs View Post
                No, unfortunately the previous owner broke the original so I'm looking for a replacement.
                If anyone knows where I can get a single Gotoh locking tuner let me know.
                www.stewmac.com - These guys will sell single gotoho locking tuners.

Comment

that godin is a beauty
                  "Oh please, please dress as my sexy dead wife!" -

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                    so what is it you have against centered fretboard dots?
                    I didn't even notice that.

Rich, I think I know who snagged that purple Washburn from you. It was nice too. Oh well........keep looking, that's half the fun.

ulijdavid, I checked Stewmac and all they list are 6 of course. I'm assuming you mean I'd have to call and request a single tuner?

Thanks for the positive comments everyone.

Comment

Wow, that Cort is a real looker. I knew a few guys who had low-end Cort's back in the '80's. They made my Hondo feel like a USA Fender Strat.
                      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Working...
                      X