• Show
Clear All

• LP Studio or MM Dominion??!?!?

I'm torn between the two. Which one?

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/6259411

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-Jackson-Mark-...QQcmdZViewItem

Arrrgh!!!!
    G.

Well, seeing as this is a Jackson forum, I'm going with the MM.
    Seriously though, I've never played a MM, but have read rave reviews of them around here. I have played some LP's and don't care for the neck heel.
    Get the MM

Comment

I've got an LP Studio which I really dig, but I dig my Morton model even more.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've never played a MM, but I have played my share of Gibby studios and personally I dont like them. From what I know of the MM, mostly from what others here have said about them, I would say it's definitely the better guitar for the money.

-Steve
        Guitars:
        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
        Amp:
        VOX AD30VT

Comment

Ive never played a mm, but im a "gibson guy" and ive yet to play a studio that i thought felt "right". I dont know how to explain it, tho. Something just always feels wierd to me.
          Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
            Ive never played a mm, but im a "gibson guy" and ive yet to play a studio that i thought felt "right". I dont know how to explain it, tho. Something just always feels wierd to me.
            I took a LP Studio home from GC one day last year. They had this really nice white one that I just had to at least try. The guitar as a whole was below expectations for $800, and for having the gibson name on it.
            Guitars:
            '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
            '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
            '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
            Amp:
            VOX AD30VT

Comment

I've never played the MM, don't really care for the looks, however I do have a couple Les Pauls. One is a LP Studio that I picked up off E-Bay used a few years ago, in Blue-Teal Flip Flop. It really surprised me as I was expecting a "lesser" LP. However this thing sounds fat and punchy. The only thing I'm not cazy about on it is the stock tuners which I'm considering swapping out. Oh yeah, someone had already messed with the pickups in it so I yanked them and put a Duncan Distortion in the bridge. It has great tone! If you get a good deal on a LP Studio and it sounds good to you, go with it! It will hang with the "Real" Les Pauls anyday, at least mine does
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
              X