Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what are PRS custom shop orders priced at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what are PRS custom shop orders priced at?

Ballpark-ish, I mean? I played an SC250, and really dug it. Honestly, it was the closest I've come to loving an LP-like guitar. In some respects, even better than a GMP Pawnshop. But there's a couple of appearance improvements that would bring it over the top for me. Here's what I'm thinking...

- SC250
    - zebra PUs
    - 10 top
    - matching headstock
    - bird inlays
    - ivoroid bound neck, headstock and body

I'm not sure I'm serious about this, so don't want to waste a dealer's time getting me a price quote on this.

...Anyone have a ballpark idea what this would cost over and above a standard SC250?

Probably $6k or something insane like that.

Comment

At those prices why not go with someone like Thorn and get something truly killer?
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

If you work within' the standard specs of a model (the high end being artist pkg) it's not that bad, however once you change anything that wouldn't be available normally it becomes a private stock and is a complete rip off in most cases IMO...6-10K depending on the options...

Comment

I just spoke with someone inside PRS and what you want to do would be a private stock order. It would be in the $6k-$9k range. But they told me that they are not taking any prviate stock orders for 12 months starting on July 1.
          "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
          I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
            $6k-$9k
            Jackson KV2
            Jackson KE1T
            Jackson KE1F
            Jackson SL1

Comment

You could almost go to school for luthiery and build your own for that price.

Comment

I just spoke with someone inside PRS and what you want to do would be a private stock order. It would be in the $6k-$9k range. But they told me that they are not taking any prviate stock orders for 12 months starting on July 1.
                That's very cool of you, Mike. Thanks.

That's a heck of a mark-up for just a few cosmetic option upgrades. Don't think I'll go there. Thanks anyway.

Comment

In today's market? Find one the way you want it used... and save allot imo. This is my Brother in laws... Private Stock..tigers eye...artist package.. 24k bird inlays... yada..yada...and more yada! Brand new..
                  From an authorised dealership...$5800.00 out da door! The same one
                  came up. (well close, but the tigers eye was not as nice) at the GC..
                  and they had it "On sale" for $10,399.00! In this economy i would bet
                  you could snag a PS from someone for around $4500.00?

This one AINT for sale! It "sings"...and plays like butta!

Last edited by Robert Burns; 06-26-2008, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Tigers eye is one my favorite colors. Beautiful!
                    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

$6k-$9k range.
                      BOHICA brother!!!

Bend
                      Over
                      Here
                      It
                      Comes
                      Again
                      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                        In this economy i would bet
                        you could snag a PS from someone for around $4500.00?

This one AINT for sale! It "sings"...and plays like butta!
                        Gorgeous guitar, dude. Love the tiger's eye. I have a Carvin A/E like that.

Problem is, I'm a picky f**ker. I'm not looking to snag any old private stock just for the bargain price opportunities. I'm looking to get one of my own design. But not at those custom order price levels. Sure, I can afford it. But, IMHO, juice ain't worth the squeeze.

More likely, I'll probably just go "slumming", instead, and find a deeply-discounted-but-new or minty-used standard SC250, and try to convince myself that I can live without the custom appointments I'd prefer for the price bargain I got.

Comment

This one is sitting right outside Paul's office at the factory.

Comment

Working...
                          X