X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kramer Gurus!

I'm going to check this out tonight;

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/6171952

By my searches through here and other sites, if it is indeed an F2000; Shouldn't it have two knobs and a three way switch? I'm stumped.

I see the truss cover has the model # designation which to my understanding, makes it a late 80's Focus; when they dropped the Focus name. However, any pics of that era F2000 have two knobs and a 3 way.

The seller bought it used, as it looks now 3 years ago and doesn't know otherwise.

Your assistance will be appreciated greatly.
    Thanks.
    G.

It could be a 'transition' model kinda inbetween years (or the knob added later to mimic the later year models).
    The 1986 ones have the two knobs as you mention:
    http://www.vintagekramer.com/forcat/focusstrik4.jpg

as do the early 1987 with updated headstock (black one on upper right):
    http://www.vintagekramer.com/forcat/focus2.jpg

Then the late 1987 have three knobs, but a 3-way blade pickup selector:
    http://www.vintagekramer.com/catalog/1000b.jpg

Then the 1988 have three knobs, the small pickup selector, but the bridge hum is angled:
    http://www.vintagekramer.com/forcat/88focus4.jpg

Maybe bring a screwdriver with you when you check it out and take off the back control cavity cover to see if it looks like the three pots are factory original or if there were signs of adding it after the fact.

Comment

that is the latest variant of the F-2000, on par with the "American" models of the same era, minus the pickups, change those out and you have a BADASS guitar
      Out Of Ideas

Comment

Yep...ESP built, alder body, 3pc maple neck...

Very good quality axe with an OFR...haven't seen many F2000/2 Hum in that year...The stockers are not bad but a JB/Jazz combo would just about make it a Pacer Imperial ...

Here are my 87 F1Ks...

Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

I found a F1000 with the other pointy headstock non tilt back you know the one I mean, top mount Floyd with screw in posts.Flat neck plate.
          Headstock matches the body any idea what year it may be I'm hoping it didn't sell at the pawn shop this week because I will buy it this weekend.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Well I decided to buy it. I figured I did okay for $240. It's in pretty good condition, but it does have some blemishes. Such as it is on a used twenty-something guitar.

Action's a tad high for me and it's got 10's on 'er. I'm gonna switch to 9's and set it up to my taste.

Not sure of the pickups; probably Japanese as they don't really do it for me. Will replace those for sure. Here's some pics. BTW; A guitar photographer I'm not;

I hope the pics shed a little light as to what exactly I got myself into.
            Cheers.
            G.

Comment

That is a nice axe...That is an 87 or older F2K which had a full size (not 3/4) soloist/dinky style body...I had an 86 F6K very close to that but they came with the non-tilt color matched HS, 1pc neck, no trem route and chrome HW...

Last edited by xbolt; 06-27-2008, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Sweet neck on that one right Ginsonic?
                '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                custom made Les Paul
                VOX Tonelab LE
                Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                ADA MP1
                BBE 422A
                Lexicon MPX-G2
                ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                Support Your Local 81

Comment

Looks like a good buy to me... They usually go for more than that... Nothing wrong with the Focus line at all... Very similar to the American line...
                  In all reality they were all Japanese, just the Americans were assembled in the US, and had the Duncans... Upgrade the Pickups, and you'll be set

Comment

Just to confirm; body's made from basswood on this, yes?

Any suggestions for pickups? I like the Dimarzio super distortion, but the one I had was on a mahogany guitar and I loved the sound. However, I've not much experience with other types of wood with regard to pickup compatibility to them.

Guess I'll start with checking out that SD audio soundbyte first.
                    G.

Comment

Alder...

Comment

I'm heading out to check out a USA Pacer Custom I, was going to buy a black F1000 last week but it got sold before I could buy it. Hopefully I'll have some pics today....

Comment

Hey gang!
                          I've an opportunity to snag an SD JB-Tb4 for $40 that was formerly on a DK2, I believe.

Is this a "real" Seymour Duncan, or a facsimile for MIJ Jacksons?

It should just snick right in to the old cavity of the Kramer, yes?
                          G.

Comment

Working...
                          X