Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS this a Real ESP?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum...d.php?t=891542

Does anyone have a clue what that is? The 3 piece body and his story makes me a tad suspicious, along with the seemingly low price for a Japanese ESP. I don't want to make an offer until I figure out what it is.

The headstock looks like ESP's I've seen.

The control cover isn't like my 1989 ESP, but I'm not sure what the cover looked like in 1982.

Beats me?

Comment

Well, the guy is a new member, First flag. The description is kind of.. over convincing, almost like he is trying to hide something, Second flag.

I'm not an ESP know it all so I can't say if it's real. But don't just forget about it cause that is an amazing price for a guitar with an ESP logo on it. So the sale could be legit. Just make sure you, get a picture of the guitar and the guys username and email and sheet of paper next to the guitar so you know he actually has it. And visit an ESP forum and let thoses gurus take a peak at it. Although they may snatch it before you.lol

Good luck!
      Gear:
      Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
      Jackson Kelly (KE3?), Lawrence equipped
      Ibanez RG320
      Ensanada Acoustic
      Peavey Bandit 112
      Soon to Be:
      Pedals!

Comment

I'm no expert either...but I say it's an early ESP with an added floyd. The headstock is early ESP style for sure. And I've had an old ESP body with that style electronics route.

Comment

I own a Japanese ESP m-ii,, but I'm far from an ESP expert. However, I just wanted to say that a lot of older m-ii's go for around $500-600 on ebay, so I'm not sure the asking price on this one is necessarily low. I'd say this model of ESP is probably less popular than something like a japanese M-ii or Mirage....so maybe make a lower offer and see what happens. It is scary, because this isn't a typical m-ii/mirage model to easily identify, and because you can so easily buy brand logos to apply yourself.

Comment

Thanks. the money order thing sent up a red flag to some degree, but then again I know people (me included) hate dealing with paypal. Asked him a few questions. Worse I can say is no. In the mean time, I'll do more digging. I'm thinking it's legit based on the comments about the control route, and the fact I've never seen an ESP headstock recreated.

Comment

looks real to me. i had a friend with an ESP like that one.
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I have a buch of old ESP catalogs and it looks to me like the Floyd, EMG's and paint is not original. The control route looks wrong too. Good guitar thought.
                H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                  Thanks. the money order thing sent up a red flag to some degree, but then again I know people (me included) hate dealing with paypal. Asked him a few questions. Worse I can say is no. In the mean time, I'll do more digging. I'm thinking it's legit based on the comments about the control route, and the fact I've never seen an ESP headstock recreated.
                  oh man
                  CJRocker!!!!
                  It's a small world. You probably don't know me but I've seen you post a bunch around UG.
                  I'm shredforbread33 (currently banned)
                  Gear:
                  Jackson Dinky Rev. Pro
                  Jackson Kelly (KE3?), Lawrence equipped
                  Ibanez RG320
                  Ensanada Acoustic
                  Peavey Bandit 112
                  Soon to Be:
                  Pedals!

Comment

Looks good to me, but as was mentioned previously the pickups and Floyd aren't original...

Comment

I agree. That's about what the older ESPs are going for. I can't imagine why older ESPs don't hold their value, as they are fantastic guitars. From the closeups this one's definitely got some miles on it.

Comment

Looks real enough to me. The neckplate logo and serial look the same as mine. Headstock looks the correct shape as well.
                        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Well I don't know much about Esps but I don't see anything unusual in the description
                          Check my bands!
                          www.myspace.com/magicktr
                          www.myspace.com/sinif64
                          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonCharvelESP View Post
                            oh man
                            CJRocker!!!!
                            It's a small world. You probably don't know me but I've seen you post a bunch around UG.
                            I'm shredforbread33 (currently banned)
                            Hey there!

Also, I think I'm passing. The more I looked at the color, the more I was afraid that A I would not be able to live with it, or B it would look fugly in person. Still, thanks for the help all.

Comment

Working...
                            X