Ibanez RG760

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez RG760

Can you guys tell what you think of this model. I have a line on one. I will be going to look at in the next couple of days. I was thinking about the RG550 but this one came up.

Thanks
    Dogue

the 760 was a more expensive model to the 550...slightly thicker neck but a great guitar...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Both have Wizard necks. The 760 is exactly the same as the 770 except for the HSH and pickguard (on the DX model). It has better stock pups (F's) than the 550's (V's) depending on the year.

I dig my 770 but my 550 is faster. Either way the 760 is definitely a winner and very fast. You won't be disappointed.
      07 Ibanez J Custom RG8470RS, 92 Ibanez RG770EG, 91 Ibanez RG565EG, 90 Ibanez RG550CM, 90 Jackson USA Fusion, 89 BCRich Assassin, 85 Ibanez Roadstar II RS440RV, 05 Takamine AN-10

Furman PL-8 Series II, ADA 3TM MP-1 Ultra+, Axe-FX Ultra, rack tray (Axess Elec. BS-2, DOD FX90), Roland EV-5, Dunlop 535Q18v, VHT 2/50/2, Ground Control Pro, X2 Digital XDS95 W'less, (2) Bogner Cubes

Comment

Great guitar...don't hesitate if you like it and the price is right.

Comment

Great guitar. Def a keeper, consider they can be had for ~$400.

Heres mine:

Comment

The one I was looking at was Blue it is a USA model. He is asking $700 for it. Can you really get the USA model for around $400 if so I will keep looking. I played it last night and really liked it.

Dogue

Comment

Are you sure its a RG760 then? The only US made RGs that I can think of from that era were the USRGs with the PBC necks, and the "USA Custom" models that were made from Japanesse parts. Those had graphics on them and look very close to the regular RGs..........

Comment

^
                +1
                Look at the neck plate and see if it says Made in Japan or has a Bensalem, PA tag.

Only the USRG's were US made and most of them had graphics. All 5xx, and 7xx are/were MIJ. Which is not a bad thing either.

$700 is too much. Even for mint. I got a mint 770 for $500.
                07 Ibanez J Custom RG8470RS, 92 Ibanez RG770EG, 91 Ibanez RG565EG, 90 Ibanez RG550CM, 90 Jackson USA Fusion, 89 BCRich Assassin, 85 Ibanez Roadstar II RS440RV, 05 Takamine AN-10

Furman PL-8 Series II, ADA 3TM MP-1 Ultra+, Axe-FX Ultra, rack tray (Axess Elec. BS-2, DOD FX90), Roland EV-5, Dunlop 535Q18v, VHT 2/50/2, Ground Control Pro, X2 Digital XDS95 W'less, (2) Bogner Cubes

Comment

It has the Bensalem, PA tag.

Comment

So does my RG770DX, but it has a FGG serial number which makes it Japanese.......

Comment

The Bensalem, PA plate is as confusing to some as the Ft. Worth, TX plate.

Doesn't mean it was made in the USA. If it's a 760, it's MIJ. A very, very few Ibanez outside the LA Custom Shop were made in the US.
                      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

^
                        My bad, my 770 has a PA plate too. Pointless reference. They were MIJ and assembled in the US.

If you're serial starts with an F (on the back of the neck.) it's made in the Fuji factory in Japan.

Talk him down to $450-$500 cash. I wouldn't go more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by dogueboy View Post
                          The one I was looking at was Blue it is a USA model. He is asking $700 for it. Can you really get the USA model for around $400 if so I will keep looking. I played it last night and really liked it.

Dogue
                          Hey,

Like everyone has already mentioned, it's not made in the US.

If you're referring to the blue 760, thats been pooping up on craigslist and Kijiji for the past year. The guy is full of shit. He was asking a grand for it at some time.

I wouldn't even bother ......

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...QAdIdZ53780829 ????
                          Last edited by gfunk333; 06-17-2008, 04:49 PM.

Comment

I have seen that one. But that was not the one I am talking about. That one is the guitar that has the damage to the Tone nob area. It has been for sale for awhile. I am new to Ibanez so I do not know them like Jackson/ Charvel. So i guess i will keep looking. He was pretty firm on his price.

Comment

If you're looking for shred type Ibby's that are cheaper (under $700), any of these kick ass:
                              old Roadstar series
                              RG5xx (24 frets) 550,560,565,570 even a 470
                              RG7xx (24 frets) 750,760,770
                              S (Sabre), Gambale (22 frets) 540 2540, 100-400

more expensive ($700(shit condition)-$2000+)
                              PGM (Paul Gilbert models 24 frets)
                              JPM (Petrucci models)
                              RG Prestige 15xx, 2xxx
                              J Custom

ridiculously expensive
                              Jems

Comment

Working...
                              X