Fender Floyd Rose Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Floyd Rose Strat

Don't know if anyone's posted this yet, but the FR Standard Strat is back ... I think they've been gone for 2 years, so this is exciting:

http://www.fender.com/products//sear...tno=1134700306
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

It's about time! Somebody over at Fender must be using the ol brain cells.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

yeah but it needs one more fret. im not a big fan of 21 fretters

Comment

The Fender Floyd Rose Standard Strat is also known as the Charvel San Dimas Strathead.

Comment

I had a Floyd Rose original trem. and locking nut professionally installed on my USA american standard strat about two years ago. The luthier did a great job, and it actually has lower, buzz free action than it ever did. Anyway, I never played the guitar much when I got it.......and now it gets regular rotation. I just couldn't deal with that original Fender trem.......never stayed in tune. There is a small gap behind the bridge now, as the Floyd had to be installed further toward the neck,,,,but other than that, you can't tell it wasn't installed from the factory. I need to find a way to post a pic.

Comment

i may have to get one of those...then put an SSS guard on it and make an iron maiden copy strat!!!
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
              yeah but it needs one more fret. im not a big fan of 21 fretters
              I can deal with a 21-fretter, but they should give it a flatter radius than 9.5".
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

And why only a rosewood board?
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

What they really need to get back in the line is the Floyd Rose Classic. I still kick myself for not getting one of those.

Comment

And now we know why Warmoth does such good business.
                    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

I don't get it? Fender has made these for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
                        And now we know why Warmoth does such good business.
                        +1
                        The Guitars:
                        Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
                        The Amps:
                        Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                          I don't get it? Fender has made these for awhile.
                          Yeah, I've seen them in American Musical Supply catalogs, I think. Problem is, they don't make a USA strat with a Floyd.....that's why I had mine modded.

Comment

They discontinued them in 2006 and are now bringing them back ... at least, that's what it looks like. I bought two in 2006 and was planning on buying one more, and when I went to look for one, they were gone, gone from stores and from the Fender site. That guy from Sepultura supposedly plays them exclusively (weird choice for such a heavy band).
                            My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Working...
                            X