Latest Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Project.

Haven't posted in a while... Mostly just lurking as of late. Thought I would post up some pics of the latest project.

Body by SouthEast Guitars (flame maple/mahogany), neck is Warmoth (birdseye maple/pau ferro), original Floyd, Dimarzio Super 3 bridge, Duncan Little 59 neck.

Hope you like it.

Nice. Any reason for the little 59 instead of a normal sized 59?

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
      Nice. Any reason for the little 59 instead of a normal sized 59?

Thanks.. Not really any reasoning behind the 59 other than I like the layout of the H/X/S. They do wind the Little 59's a bit hotter than the full sized humbuckers though. I think the neck model Little 59 is like 10K and the full sized neck 59 is around 7.5K or so.

Comment

Cool. I also like H/S better.

Comment

Nice one! That is one thick slab of maple on top! Nice choice in getting nice piece of flamed maple that thick.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
            Nice one! That is one thick slab of maple on top! Nice choice in getting nice piece of flamed maple that thick.
            Thanks! I had been kicking around the idea to build this guitar for a LONG time and when I finally decided to do it, the stars just aligned and I found that piece of maple on Ebay. I bought it as a bookmatch from a place out west and had it sent to Warren at SouthEast guitars and he mated it up with the mahogany and made what you see there.

Next one will be quilt, and I'm looking for that perfect piece right now to have him build another one for me. Going to be the same specs as this one if/when the time comes.

Comment

Stephan, that is beautiful. The gold hardware looks incredible. I'd love to give that one a play.

Alvin
              MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Wow. That guitar rules! Congrats on that beauty.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Very nice! The only thing I'd change is the board. I prefer maple.
                  My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Beautiful build. Nice grain in the Pau Ferro.
                    The Guitars:
                    Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
                    The Amps:
                    Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Alvin, you know you're more than welcome to try it out. We'll have to get together sometime..

Thanks again.

Comment

I told ya on the Kramer Forum and I'll tell ya here... that thing is absolutely beautiful!! Warren's work is awesome, I love the Swan body he built for me

Comment

Originally posted by wreckingcrew View Post
                          I told ya on the Kramer Forum and I'll tell ya here... that thing is absolutely beautiful!! Warren's work is awesome, I love the Swan body he built for me
                          Thanks man, I'm working on the next one. Found a piece of quilt today but haven't snagged it yet. Quilt is even more expensive than the Flamed stuff. I kind of waiting to see how the $$$ situation is after the Expo and vacation in a couple of weeks. When I want a guitar body built, Warren is the only guy I'll call.

Comment

Damn!

That thick ass top is awesome.

Love the whole culmination.
                            Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                            Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Nice project, I dig it.

Comment

Working...
                              X