Got an LP-ish thing from Rondo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got an LP-ish thing from Rondo

I like this better than the Agile that I had.

http://www.rondomusic.com/hawkertp.html

$129 is a steal for this thing. I don't have any pics but here is a video of me butchering some stuff on it right after pulling it out of the box. All I did was tune it and plug in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ujsFX_TT2Y

The EMG-HZ's sound decent but they are too hot for me, I have a couple of zebra DiMarzio's ready to be put in (Virtual PAF bridge, Air Classic neck).

Why am I skittish about this one?

Comment

Real Black Block Inlays
      As opposed to fake black block inlays?
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I wish Kurt would learn how to spell MAHOGANY. Or maybe he should have someone proofread his site. Fundamental spelling errors don't exactly instill confidence. On the other hand, when you're paying $129 for a guitar, do you really care that he can't spell mahogany? I'm rambling again aren't I? Anyway, the guitar looks pretty cool, especially with the maple board. I'm actually surprised at how decent it sounds with those EMG HZs. I probably would have yanked them without ebven plugging it in. :ROTF:
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I was going to pull the pickups without plugging it in, but I didn't have any more strings laying around so I went ahead and played it as-is for awhile. I was pleasantly surprised.

Newc, apparently there was some controversy about the inlays where people thought they were just painted on. Kurt actually cut up a neck to show that they are really inlaid blocks of wood (looks like dyed ebony to me).

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
            I wish Kurt would learn how to spell MAHOGANY.

I probably would have yanked them without ebven plugging it in. :ROTF:
            I wish you would learn to spell EVEN. :ROTF: Oh, sweet irony!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The guitar does sound pretty good, though. I didn't realize EMG made the HZs without a cover.

Comment

Pretty cool guitar for the price.

EMG-HZ's have surprised me as well. I got a used DXMG not too long ago with the intent of putting some Duncans in it that I have lying around. But since playing the HZ's, I think I'll stick with those and save the Ducans for something else.
                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  I wish you would learn to spell EVEN. :ROTF: Oh, sweet irony!
                  Oh, I'll get you for that Joe. Just you wait!!!
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I anxiously await.

Comment

Well I put my DiMarzio's in. The clean tones are MUCH MUCH better. It also looks better imo (That's REAL MOP on the headstock too)...

Comment

ok, when you had the pups out, was it real mahogany in the body? That thing sounds decent for the price man!
                        "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

$129 for that?
                          not bad......and not bad playing on your part either
                          so....p'ups and all,what is your total investment in this axe now?

Comment

Looks nicer with the zebra DiMarzios in there.

Comment

I got the DiMarzio's for $100 shipped new so paid $250 total for guitar+pickups+shipping+strings.

It looks, sounds and feels (heavy) like real mahogany to me.

The tuners are Grovers which feel pretty good so far too.

If anyone else wants one, I would say go for it! They have green and purple at 129, and black and natural at 159.

Comment

Working...
                              X