Custom Warmoth Strat - Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Warmoth Strat - Done

I started an earlier thread while this was being built. http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82031 Here are just a few pics of the final product.

Last edited by DocNrock; 06-02-2008, 09:21 PM.
    The Guitars:
    Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
    The Amps:
    Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

nice! love the gold hardware!
    Guitars: Burny Les Paul Custom, Epi Les Paul Custom, Charvel Model 1C, Alvarez Classical
    Amps: Laney Pro Tube Lead AOR 100 Watt, Laney LC-30II, Fender Frontman 25 watt
    Cab: Laney GS412P 4x12

Comment

It has some gansgtsa pranksta gold hardware on it

It could've look good with black hardware, but still looks very nice. And I'm pretty sure it sounds nice, too.
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Outstanding! Jam up job!
        "POOP"

Comment

That truss rod cover looks so out of place, but I guess you get used to it.

Everything else looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            That truss rod cover looks so out of place, but I guess you get used to it.

Everything else looks great.
            I was thinking that, it kind of looks too big to me.
            Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Sweet unit!
              The gold with that finish really looks nice.
              A+
              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

Very cool.
                Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words. When I first saw the body finish, I immediately thought bling hardware. Black would work, but almost all of my guitars have black hardware.

The comments about the truss rod cover are well received. I'm not yet sure how I feel about it, but it is kind of growing on me. The same goes for the phenolic dots on the fretboard.

I have another neck on order for a different project that I might slip onto this one to see what it looks like. It is a standard Strat head (no truss rod cover), maple/maple, with abalone inlays and gold frets.

By the way, this thing plays and sounds awesome.
                  Last edited by DocNrock; 06-03-2008, 08:39 PM.
                  The Guitars:
                  Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
                  The Amps:
                  Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

You can always just pull the cover off and see how it looks. I find the covers kind of annoying in the first place!

Comment

Great work. You should build me on now, lol. I am thinking that for the holidays this year I might try and build my own. Again, great job.
                      Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Working...
                      X