Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arbor guitars anyone know anything about them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arbor guitars anyone know anything about them?

I just brought a "project" that included an arbor neck that I can't use, wrong scale.
    Anyone know anything about the company and guitars?

Junk!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jtr View Post
      Junk!!!
      +1, right up there with Hondo.
      The Guitars:
      Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
      The Amps:
      Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

Arbor actually made some decent neckthrough models in the 80s. Not great, but not junk like Hondo.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yup, not good guitars.
          Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

I had two Arbor neck thru RR copies that were pretty well made.
            Made in 84 and had Kahler pros.Inlays were pretty cheezy tho'.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I had one of their Star basses. Guitar-sized Star body with a bass neck. It was neckthrough. Crappy pickups, no idea how to set it up for playability, and a crappy home stereo for an amp.

The bass had sustain that you would not believe.

People are always on about neckthrough having more sustain vs bolt-on/setneck - for guitars, it's not measurable, but it's really noticeable on bass. I've had better-brand basses since then - neckthrough, bolt on, USA, Japanese, MexiFender - and not one could/can hold an open E the way that Arbor could.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I think Dana Strum from Slaughter had the "kinda Flying V, Kinda Rhoads-ish" looking bass thing, which I believe was an Arbor. There fore, I don't like them! I hate Dana. Total choad.
                Last edited by chrisolson; 05-27-2008, 07:38 AM.

Comment

thanks guys , I don't think I will put buy this neck it's crap, in the auction.

Comment

yes, dana strum played those weird arbor things. ugly as hell.

that said, a friend of mine had a 2 color burst strat that was made of actual wood, had a MOP logo, and was actually quite nice. it was used as a dealer demo guitar.

however, his other arbor was a plywood explorer that was just delightful. that was the first guitar i did a paint job on....painted it cowskin, and it was cool.

sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                      yes, dana strum played those weird arbor things. ugly as hell.

that said, a friend of mine had a 2 color burst strat that was made of actual wood, had a MOP logo, and was actually quite nice. it was used as a dealer demo guitar.

however, his other arbor was a plywood explorer that was just delightful. that was the first guitar i did a paint job on....painted it cowskin, and it was cool.

sully
                      my buddy in high school had an arbor les paul. Balsa wood, or something, he put an invader in it. Total shit, but of course, being 14, we thought it "rocked"....
                      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X