ESP Edwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP Edwards

Can anyone here shed some light on Edwards? Are they the sames as ESP? It it like Jackson Stars?

Are they of lesser quality than esp?

PM me. You can try my ESP/Edwards Les Paul Custom I told you about.

Comment

Same as MIJ ESP from my (very limited) experiences.

Comment

They are made on the same line as esp standard models. I have a les paul and its of very high quality.

Although...the prices to import them have gone up considerably due to the surge of interest over the last two or three years so you might wnat to shop around.
        Last edited by airjamie; 05-24-2008, 09:55 PM.

Comment

I have a Sykes LPC which is really good and an Anchang Star which is effin awesome (OFR on it too).
          www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

General consensus is that the quality level is between the LTD Deluxe line and the ESP Standard line. I've got one and it's a great alternative to a Gibson Les Paul.

Comment

My friend has one and I was pretty impressed with it for how much it was. I'd choose an Edwards over a LTD or ESP anyday.. Of course, I'd choose Jackson over any of those =P
              Originally posted by horns666
              The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                My friend has one and I was pretty impressed with it for how much it was. I'd choose an Edwards over a LTD or ESP anyday.. Of course, I'd choose Jackson over any of those =P
                agreed

Comment

So the consensus is that they are made on the same production line as ESP guitars but they are of lesser quality?

Or do they just need to be called "Edwards" to be sold in Japan?

Comment

I was just looking at them on one of the Japanese web sites,,some of them have 9 piece necks... 27 frets full ebony and binding with cool custom inlays.

No V's thouugh,,,just that copy of the RR.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                      So the consensus is that they are made on the same production line as ESP guitars but they are of lesser quality?

Or do they just need to be called "Edwards" to be sold in Japan?
                      The best way I could explain it, is like Jackson USA and the Jackson Professionals. The pro's were as good of quality as the USA makes, half the price, but made in Japan.

My friends has the Rhoads rip off, Edwards, and I believe he got it for like.. a grand, new , off the bay.

24 frets, ebony, neck thru.. I'm not sure if it came stock with EMG's though.
                      Originally posted by horns666
                      The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                        The best way I could explain it, is like Jackson USA and the Jackson Professionals. The pro's were as good of quality as the USA makes, half the price, but made in Japan.

My friends has the Rhoads rip off, Edwards, and I believe he got it for like.. a grand, new , off the bay.

24 frets, ebony, neck thru.. I'm not sure if it came stock with EMG's though.
                        Thanks,,that was a good way to explain it.

Comment

They do make V's

http://www.katanaguitars.com/main/top.html
                          www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

ESP doesn't really market the LTD line in Japan, except for a couple of models, and most of the real bottom-feeder stuff they sell in the USA as an "LTD" is sold in Japan under the name Grass Roots. Edwards is, as others have said, a higher level of guitars that more or less corresponds to the ESP Standard Series. I haven't had the chance to play an Edwards, but I've heard nothing except praise for them. Kind of puts the lie to the notion that a Gibson Les Paul really needs to cost $3,000, eh?

Comment

I own a Edwards LP and it is a very nice guitar for the money. It is very close in quality to the early 90-91 Professional IMO . The only issues I have had with mine is the 3 way switch was a bit flaky and the input jack like to come loose. Changed the switch and a little thread locker (loctite) problems were gone.
                              Mike
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Working...
                              X