Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Considering trading in my X-series Jackson King V for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering trading in my X-series Jackson King V for...

...a Dean Dave Mustaine V VMNTX Signature Electric Guitar. It's not a Jackson, but I've been told the Dean Mustaine range might as well be. I'll be honest and say that when I bought the KVX10 a year ago, I thought I could bare; maybe even come to enjoy, the Floyd Rose tremolo unit. But alas, it's becoming a pain, and I'm not very thrilled with the costs of having a Floyd Rose serviced either. I love it, but it's not the Jackson I envisioned.

Admittedly, my KVX10 hasn't been upgraded at all. The pickups didn't sound too bad through my Peavy amp and I'm not at that point in my "career" coughcough where I need a particular sound... I don't know.

Just wondering, how do they compare? Is the VMNTX more of a JS30 level guitar with Mustaine's name on it, or is it just good value for money (because I can have it imported for about £150)?? Regards, and sorry for wasting everyones time with my uneducated-ness.
    Bewm! Explosion.

The KV series has a craptacular Floyd on it. I'm not too blown away by any Floyd systems beyond an OFR, but I can make them work as I'm not a heavy Floyd user. I do like the feel of a Floyd-ed guitar above all other however, and they also make for the easiest setups when it comes to getting your action low.

I haven't played a Mustaine Dean, but I understand the quality has been pretty good - most of the mid-to-upper end Dean imports tend to have pretty decent quality, but suspect hardware.

If you get the chance to try before you buy, do it. I've played some high end guitars that could easily have their ears clipped by a cheap Fender Mexi Tele.

Comment

Originally posted by Punkavious View Post
      ...a Dean Dave Mustaine V VMNTX Signature Electric Guitar. It's not a Jackson, but I've been told the Dean Mustaine range might as well be.
      The VMNTX is a bolt-on V (I think that's Indonesian or China made), but I'm not sure how close it is to a Jackson. I've got the Korean made VMNT1 which is neck-thru and very close to a Jackson. I'd save up and go for that one over the bolt-on model, but that's just me. Though, I guess you could ask for info on the Dean Forum to help you out even more.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Punkavious View Post
        ...a Dean Dave Mustaine V VMNTX Signature Electric Guitar. It's not a Jackson, but I've been told the Dean Mustaine range might as well be. I'll be honest and say that when I bought the KVX10 a year ago, I thought I could bare; maybe even come to enjoy, the Floyd Rose tremolo unit. But alas, it's becoming a pain, and I'm not very thrilled with the costs of having a Floyd Rose serviced either. I love it, but it's not the Jackson I envisioned.

Admittedly, my KVX10 hasn't been upgraded at all. The pickups didn't sound too bad through my Peavy amp and I'm not at that point in my "career" coughcough where I need a particular sound... I don't know.

Just wondering, how do they compare? Is the VMNTX more of a JS30 level guitar with Mustaine's name on it, or is it just good value for money (because I can have it imported for about £150)?? Regards, and sorry for wasting everyones time with my uneducated-ness.

I bought a VMNT-X in December and liked it so much I sold it and got the VMNT-1.

Don't waste your time with the VMNT-X... the sound and feel is way different compared to the Korean VMNT1 (although they do look the same). Going by the ebay used/resale prices it will only run you a couple hundred bucks more.

Comment

Working...
        X