Ibanez with a 0.10 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez with a 0.10 problem

I have three ibanez guitars. The reason I bought them was that Jackson doesn't offer a) a standard guitar with Piezo b) a standard 7-string guitar with a floyd rose of any kind, and c) acoustic guitars.

So I bought an O.K. acoustic, a RG 1527 and a RG 2028X. And it's the two electrics that is pissing me off:
    I felt I'd bought a decent pair of guitars, but I didn't like playing 0.09 strings. When I was changing strings, I adjusted the tremolo BUT when the screws couldn't go further in, the tremolo still had a strange angle. I tried to set the springs angled but that didn't work either.

Anyone else that has this experience? The springs are all brand new. What can I do to get the tremolo stright with a 0.10 set of strings?
    (Blocking the tremolo is not an option )
    '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
    '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
    '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
    '13 Gibson M-III
    Taylor 214CE
    Dean 6-string Bass
    Morgan Ukulele

Add a spring.
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

You need a fourth spring. OK I'm not certain which trem that is, but if it's like an Edge, you have to remove that cap that holds the springs onto the sustain block, then use the two screw holes to hold springs (there isn't a "correct" hole for a fourth spring).

Comment

Working...
      X