Next Warmoth Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Warmoth Project

I scored a Warmoth body off E-bay today. It is a copy of the guitar body Jerry Garcia used (the WGD). I'm not a deadhead by any stretch of the imagination, but I thought this wood pattern had potential. It is black korina and was routed for three humbuckers. For some reason the wood grain pattern reminded me abstractly of the album cover for Nazareth, Hair of the Dog (remember that one?).

To keep with that abstract pattern, I ordered a Warmoth wenge neck with a macassar ebony fingerboard. The inlay will be a single skull and crossbones at the 12th fret. I went through my pup graveyard and found a DiMarzio MegaDrive (discontinued) for the bridge, an Air Norton for the middle, and a Jazz for the neck.

I'll post some pics as this project evolves.
    Last edited by DocNrock; 05-13-2008, 11:21 PM.
    The Guitars:
    Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
    The Amps:
    Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet
Working...
X