Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esp Ltd M-103?

Hi -

Tried this out the other day and it played pretty good considering the price ($290). Any thoughts on it? I'm looking for a 24-fret maple fretboard trem equipped guitar. Don't like the ibanez rg as the necks are too thin for me.

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_m.html
    M-103FM

Thanks

Jeff
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Kiesel Aries
    Charvel USA Wild Card #3
    EVH 5150 iii 50W, 1x12" EVH w/ Celestion Lynchback, Boss RV-3

Originally posted by jclogston View Post
    Hi -

Tried this out the other day and it played pretty good considering the price ($290). Any thoughts on it? I'm looking for a 24-fret maple fretboard trem equipped guitar. Don't like the ibanez rg as the necks are too thin for me.

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_m.html
    M-103FM

Thanks

Jeff

If you played one and you like it, i'd say go for it.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Go for it. In this price range there aren't that many maple fretboard guitars.

My only problem with ESPs current line-up is the Black Nickel Hardware, but that's probably just me.
      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Have you looked at any of the Kramer Yo Strikers? Alder vs Basswood body and maple neck. About the same price too.
        Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Originally posted by Ripley7t View Post
          Have you looked at any of the Kramer Yo Strikers? Alder vs Basswood body and maple neck. About the same price too.
          How are the necks on them? I can't try before i buy in this case.
          Also i beleive the LTD has an agathis body - whatever that is?

jeff
          Kiesel Aries
          Charvel USA Wild Card #3

Comment

I believe the guitar you pointed out is basswood. The MusicYo stuff is incredible for the money. I have three of them and I love them all. My striker is one of my main players (when i put my rhoads down) I have run into zero problems with the new Kramer stuff, which is pretty impressive considering the price range.
            In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I played my bandmate's M-100FM and was blown away. It feels amazing. I would say go for it. Even if its a bolt on, the recessed contours at the neck feel great and easy to play the higher frets. In fact, it felt so good, I snagged a M-300 on the bay the very same day However, I think the newer lower end M's are made in Indonesia.
              Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                I played my bandmate's M-100FM and was blown away. It feels amazing. I would say go for it. Even if its a bolt on, the recessed contours at the neck feel great and easy to play the higher frets. In fact, it felt so good, I snagged a M-300 on the bay the very same day However, I think the newer lower end M's are made in Indonesia.
                Thanks. What are the differences in the M100 vs M200 vs M300 series? Are they more cosmetic or do they actually use different trems, pickups, etc....

Thanks

jeff
                Kiesel Aries
                Charvel USA Wild Card #3

Comment

I think its mostly the body wood, maple tops and pickups. there could also be subtle differences like a push-pull coil-splitter. A few years ago, it also seems that production has moved to Indonesia rather than Korea. Also, what used to be selling wiht EMG-HZ's are now selling with EMG-ESP pickups. But I'm not too much into ESP's, so there might be other differences too.
                  Sam

Comment

Working...
                  X