My new Yamaha FX325 A/E.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Yamaha FX325 A/E.

A couple of weeks ago, used a portion of my "help raise W's approval rating" stimulus rebate to pick up an acoustic (since I'm doing open mics and stuff these days). Went to a localish shop, and browsed through their selection, knowing that whatever I got was going to be on the ultra-cheap side. What a surprise it was that their cheapest acoustic was actually a decent player! Here are the specs for my new Yamaha FX325: http://www.elderly.com/new_instrumen...ms/FX325HC.htm

The piezo actually sounds pretty awesome, and the fit, finish, and action were great right off the bat. I really can't complain, and I doubt I could have found a better deal without spending a couple of hundred more (I paid $179 for it, no case unfortunately).

I only have a picture of me playing it right now, but here goes anyways:

Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Not bad. I keep thinking I should buy an acoustic, but end up spending the money on something else.

Comment

I don't know how I didn't get around to it before. I've been playing it nonstop.

Comment

It seems like if nothing else, an acoustic would be the perfect way to develop finger strength.

Comment

You look like the druggie from Staind.

Comment

Helpful analysis.

Comment

I like it..but I'd put a floyd on that sumbitch..
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yamaha has always made good acoustics. Nice score!
                "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                  Not bad. I keep thinking I should buy an acoustic, but end up spending the money on something else.
                  Same here. It's a "I should but I'll end up not doing so" type thing. Yamaha makes some of the best stuff out there IMO. They are by far the most consistent maker of anything I have found. Congrats!

Comment

I think I have an Alverez acoustic, but it never leaves the case.

Comment

Working...
                    X