Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My #1

Carvin Bolt Plus in Ferrari Red.

Nice lookin' no-nonsense machine. How does it sound and play?
    The Guitars:
    Jackson USA SL2H, Jackson Performer PS-4, Gibson Les Paul Studio Gothic, Ibanez JS-1000, B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, Martin GPCPA5 Acoustic, 14 Warmoth customs, Ibanez Artcore AS73, Ibanez Prestige SR1000EFM Bass
    The Amps:
    Peavey JSX 212 with JSX 412 cabinet, Ampeg B2R with Ampeg Portaflex PF210HE cabinet

Comment

badass.
      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by DocNrock View Post
        Nice lookin' no-nonsense machine. How does it sound and play?
        Sounds amazing and plays like a dream! Has a 5 way pup switch so it splits the coils plus a phase switch. You can go anywhere from jazz/blues all the way to the heaviest of metal!

Comment

Thats nice I love Carvins too.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
            Thats nice I love Carvins too.
            Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
              badass.
              Thanks! It`s not one of those fancy looking guitars but once you put it in your hands is when the magic starts.

Comment

Metaled,
                I just picked up a Carvin Bolt a week or so ago... my first Carvin.
                Maple neck... seafoam green (or whatever they call it at Carvin).
                I agree on how sweet they are...
                Great guitars!
                "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by nhspike View Post
                  Metaled,
                  I just picked up a Carvin Bolt a week or so ago... my first Carvin.
                  Maple neck... seafoam green (or whatever they call it at Carvin).
                  I agree on how sweet they are...
                  Great guitars!
                  Awesome! Welcome to the club.

Comment

Hey nice guitar. I've been looking at the Carvins myself. You can get a custom, fully loaded Bolt Plus for a really good price.

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
                      Hey nice guitar. I've been looking at the Carvins myself. You can get a custom, fully loaded Bolt Plus for a really good price.
                      You should check em out,i`m sure you would be very impressed! I bought my first Carvin without ever seeing one in person and i`ve been hooked ever since.

Comment

Very nice!! I got my first Carvin without ever seeing one in person either, back in 2002... a classic white SC90 from the In-Stock section on their website. I also got a DC400 off ebay, then traded that for a DC120 12-string, then sold that on ebay. I don't think I can get rid of the SC90, though.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Even though i love the pups on this guitar i`m thinking about buying a set of WCR`s just for a change of pace but i`m not 100% decided yet. I`ve been hearing alot of great things about WCR pickups and i`m very curious to find out how they would sound in my Carvin.

Comment

I would so play that!
                            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Metaled1020 View Post
                              Even though i love the pups on this guitar i`m thinking about buying a set of WCR`s just for a change of pace but i`m not 100% decided yet. I`ve been hearing alot of great things about WCR pickups and i`m very curious to find out how they would sound in my Carvin.
                              Cool. If you change them, let us know how they sound. I like Carvin pickups (well, I've only had the basic C22T and C22N PAF-type in my Carvins) but I decided to change them in my SC90 to a DiMarzio Super Distortion and Super 2, with a DiMarzio "Petrucci" toggle switch so I can get the inner coils on in the middle position.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X