PRS Singlecut - pickup suggestions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS Singlecut - pickup suggestions??

I have a 2000 PRS singlecut guitar, I was thinking about selling soon but wanted to know pickups are a better suggestion then stock. I play through a mesa dual half stack and looking for a sound which cuts much better then the stock pickups, which I think are mild and don't offer much tone, what would be better..I play styles similar to Nickleback, 3 Doors Down etc and would like something responsive, but a good match for the prs bodies etc..any help would be greatly appreciated!

Seymour Duncan Jeff Beck/Jazz.

Comment

The Suhr Doug Aldrich pickups are very cool... hot as heck, but very musical/natural and just oozing with good tone. A friend of mine has a set in his LP Classic and they simply rip thru his JSX.

Comment

Duncan Custom 5 (or any of the Customs) and a Jazz, Pearly Gates, or '59 in the neck. For the bridge, I'm also a big fan of the Dimarzio Tone Zone.

If you want to go a bit more "outside", the Tom Anderson H2+ is my all time favorite pickup for heavy tones.

Comment

Neck/Bridge: Gibson 490R/498T, or Rockfield SWV/Mafia.
          please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Don't Nickelback, 3 Doors Down etc use PRS stocks anyway, though?

Comment

good point

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
              Don't Nickelback, 3 Doors Down etc use PRS stocks anyway, though?
              They (Chad/Nickleback) uses stock prs singlecuts just tuned to various tunings, I believe they are stock #7s, either way I am still looking for something that cuts through better, the stocks I have just don't seem to cut it at all. I had a custom 24 with stock which sounded tons better and have been thinking about the evolutions for the bridge and wanted someone with a singlecut that has actually tried different p/u's..thanks for everyones suggestions

Comment

Working...
              X