NGD: Ibanez RG550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Ibanez RG550

Woohoo! Didn't think I'd get it but I'm totally stoked!!!

Gots an RG550 coming this week. Thinking of putting on a blue pickguard, plates, truss rod cover, knobs and pups.

Man I REALLY need help with my GAS. This is worse than being addicted to drugs.

Time to butter up the wife with gifts.
    07 Ibanez J Custom RG8470RS, 92 Ibanez RG770EG, 91 Ibanez RG565EG, 90 Ibanez RG550CM, 90 Jackson USA Fusion, 89 BCRich Assassin, 85 Ibanez Roadstar II RS440RV, 05 Takamine AN-10

Furman PL-8 Series II, ADA 3TM MP-1 Ultra+, Axe-FX Ultra, rack tray (Axess Elec. BS-2, DOD FX90), Roland EV-5, Dunlop 535Q18v, VHT 2/50/2, Ground Control Pro, X2 Digital XDS95 W'less, (2) Bogner Cubes

My wife finally gave up.I knew I had her when she said"How many guitars actually fit under this bed?"...............
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Nice guitar. Congrats. I'd leave it as is. It's a good color combo. If you swapped everything except the Floyd to blue it would look weird. But that's just me.
      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend Timmy View Post
        My wife finally gave up.I knew I had her when she said"How many guitars actually fit under this bed?"...............
        Bwahahaha :ROTF:

Nice RG, btw.
        This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend Timmy View Post
          Can I have my wife talk to yours? Ha ha

Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire View Post
          Nice guitar. Congrats. I'd leave it as is. It's a good color combo. If you swapped everything except the Floyd to blue it would look weird. But that's just me.
          Before I do anything I'll photoshop it with the blue and try white pearloid as well. See how that goes. Man I'm stoked. Just have to figure out how to get it in the house without her seeing it
          07 Ibanez J Custom RG8470RS, 92 Ibanez RG770EG, 91 Ibanez RG565EG, 90 Ibanez RG550CM, 90 Jackson USA Fusion, 89 BCRich Assassin, 85 Ibanez Roadstar II RS440RV, 05 Takamine AN-10

Furman PL-8 Series II, ADA 3TM MP-1 Ultra+, Axe-FX Ultra, rack tray (Axess Elec. BS-2, DOD FX90), Roland EV-5, Dunlop 535Q18v, VHT 2/50/2, Ground Control Pro, X2 Digital XDS95 W'less, (2) Bogner Cubes

Comment

I love the color scheme on that one! Sweet Ibanez! Which Duncan is that?

Comment

Nice 550 !!

I have one coming in a pinkish pearl (color ?)

Good luck with it !!

Comment

Looks nice as is, but if you want a different look, I'd vote for a white pearloid pickguard & TRC and white pickups and knobs.

Comment

Nice, 1990 from Fujigen from what I can see of the serial. With 777 it should have been a JEM!
                  Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

The RG770DX came in blue with clear pickguard & blue parts. Here's some google'd pics so you can see what it looks like with blue parts:

http://www.guitarristas.info/foro/vb.../crlo07g2m.jpg

http://www.fancymusic.com/coleccion/2007/RG700/01.jpg

http://www.ibanezregister.com/cpg148...RG770DX_LB.jpg

http://jim777.com/images/bobNpat/bobsqidpat.JPG

Comment

yeah I've been trying to find a 550DX, 565, 565 prototype or 770DX in good shape but they are few and far between these days.

I settled for a 770 though in emerald green. She plays just as sweet.

Now I have to sell my black FGM100 cuz I'm running out of room.

Not sure of the Duncan in there. Anybody have a guess?

Comment

Wow, very nice item fins!
                        Love the maple
                        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                        --floydkramer

Comment

Very nice. I would leave it as is.

Comment

Looks just like the one I picked up a few months ago

I think that the guitars have the same exact "grime" (some call it mojo) pattern on the fretboard as well

Out of curiosity, how much did you pay for it? PM me if you don't want to divulge that info on the board.

Thanks,
                            -QR
                            Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Nah, leave it as is. Looks great !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X