Just ordered my Warmoth Neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered my Warmoth Neck

I am pretty excited about this, I can finally finish the project.

So a little history, keep in mind this was before I knew about Mojobodies, etc. After a period of unemployment I got a job doing IT. One of the first things I decided to do was order a body and have a custom paint job done on it. I liked the warmoth idea because I could do it a piece at a time. I got the soloist bodyin had Daneen Bronson do a custom graphic on it, and it has set in my office now for about two years. Mostly because I have had other more pressing matters, and of course out of site out of mind.

So today i finally ordered my Warmoth neck, maple with jet black ebony and MOP dots. I still need all the other stuff, tuners, and bridge and pickup and screws (laugh) but I am happy that I have the fire under my ass again to finish the project. I am looking forward to the finished item. I'm sure the guitar won't be for everyone, but that's cool, at least i can say it's a one of a kind (laugh) sort of.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Cool. I built a Warmoth some years ago and loved it. I think you will be very happy with their work.

Comment

Warmoth stuff is great... You'll be glad you decided to finish the project.

Comment

Glad you are getting the axe together. Have we seen the finished body yet? If not, post a pic......pleeeeeese?
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Dude....Where can I get a job doing it? Love that original RR by the way ...someday
          www.JerryRobison.com
          '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

I'll take a pic of the body tonight and post it. I have owned Warmoth strats in the past and they were pretty nice (Not ones I built though) And the body before it was painted was really nice, in fact it's one of the reasons I really want to do an entirely oiled body/neck guitar. The guys I have talked to at warmoth have been pretty cool as well, so I am looking forward to this project finally getting finished.
            Last edited by eakinj; 04-18-2008, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Partial @ Marshall View Post
              Dude....Where can I get a job doing it? Love that original RR by the way ...someday
              Hehehehe

Yeah I love my RR, i pulled it out the other day after playing my DK2 and there's just no comparing any other guitar to that one. It just plays it's self almost. That's part of the fire to get my Warmoth done, after that one is finished and I get my 6505 I'm starting to save up for either another Custom shop Les Paul (I still hate myself to this day for parting with the one I had.) or a Custom Shop Jackson. I want that body with one humbucker, on volume, OFR, and gloss black paint. I know black is used too much, but I think that guitar would look stunning with it. Or maybe snow white..

lalalala, GAS..... lalalala. GAS!!

\

Comment

+1 on Warmoth quality, I love mine!

hurt my bank account but it plays great.
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Ok so I promised a pic - I haven't drilled the holes for the pickup ring yet, i won't until i decided on a pickup. And no it won't be the Duncan Designed

It's flat black and flat white and thus all the other stuff on it is flat as well. not sure that was the right desicion but it's the way it's going to stay.

Last edited by eakinj; 04-20-2008, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X